SEVEN

Song for chapter; Best part~ H.E.R

THURSDAY.

That same day, I got home from school, I opened the door and put my keys on the table next to the door.

I walked to the stairs but before I could go up then my mum called me from the living room.

I walked in to see her with a glass of wine in her hands while reading a magazine.

"Yes?" I asked standing there looking at the time on my phone; 4:17pm

"A package came for you, I put it in your room" she said while still looking at the magazine. A package? But I didn't order anything.

"Okay" I said confused as I turned around and walked up the stairs to my room.

I walked in and saw a box on my bed with a card on top. I put my bag on the floor and went to open the card, I opened it and it said; 'I'm sorry for being so forward with you, meet me tonight at 8 at the diner on Main Street Avenue and we can talk - Ethan'.

What he wrote made me smile, I put the card down and opened up the box, and what I saw made me smile even more; yellow roses, my favourite.

But how did he know?

Payton!
__________
I checked the time on my phone and it read 7:36pm.

Shit! I thought, I better start getting ready.

I changed into my black  ripped skinny jeans and a oversized red jumper. I tossed my hair up into a high pony tail and pulled some strands of hair out to make it look messy.

I rand down the stairs and went into the living room to find my mum but of course she wasn't there, so I went into the kitchen and she wasn't there either, and then I went down stairs into the basement where the gym is and there she was, on the treadmill.

I kept shouting "mum" but no answer until I went right next to her and scared half to death.

"OMG! Naomi!" She screamed but then soon started laughing.

"Sorry, I'm going out for a bit okay" I said as she nodded and carried on.

I ran back up stairs and through the front door and then quickly to my car.

I wanted to tell Ethan everything.

I don't normally trust people but I don't know, something about him, makes me feel like I can tell him anything.

So I raced to the diner and soon I got there, I parked and ran inside, at first I couldn't find him but then my eyes traveled to the corner where the booths are and I saw him drinking his milkshake.

Did he order without me?

Maybe he thought I wasn't coming.

I walked over there and he still didn't catch my eye yet.
"I see you've ordered without me" I said leaning against the booth opposite him.

"You came!" He said with a bright, big smile on his face.

"Yeah I did" I said as I sat down.

~to be continued~