FIFTHTEEN

Song for chapter; I'll come back for you; Max Schneider

"What are you doing here?" I asked politely, I was so shocked to see him in the doorway to my kitchen.

"I came to talk to you" he replied, he walked closer towards me, leaving me with butterfly's in my stomach. "since the night I met you, I thought you were so cool, and we became like best friends" I felt a sense that this was about to get bad which I was dreading.

"But.." I said knowing what he was about to say

"But, I'm moving away" What! No! He can't! Not now!

"Where?" I tried to hold back the tears.

"New York" he said, my throat was dry, my eyes were burning. I didn't wanna cry, I didn't wanna show him that this made me weak.

"My mum said that it would be best for us if we got away and had a fresh start somewhere else" he said looking down. "But I don't want a fresh start" I looked up to him, as he looked down at me. "Because I really like it here" he paused for a second. "With you" he continued.

My face went red, my eyes went wide.

"What?" Is all I was able to say.

"I really like you" my smile was so wide from ear to ear. "What?" He was confused to why I was smiling like a crazy person.

"I like you too" his face lit up as the words that came from my mouth went to his ears.
_______________
*5 YEARS LATER*
"So" Payton said looking at me while we stood in my kitchen.

"So?..." I repeated her, not knowing what she was on about.

"It's your birthday tomorrow, Yano the big two one" she said nudging me as I was opening my mail.

"Yeah...." I still didn't get what she was hinting at, yes i get that it's my birthday tomorrow but I don't get why it has to be big, why can't I just have a nice chill out night in my pjs accompanied by a bottle of wine and a pizza and Netflix. That's a birthday worth remembering.

"I smell a party" she said making me chuckle. I shook my head while walking away to the fridge. "Oh, come on! You love to party" she said while I took a sip of my water.

"I did, when I was 16" I said sarcastically. "I'm just not in the mood" I said walking away from her.

"Look, if we go out clubbing, you might meet a hottie and fall in love and have beautiful babies together" I laughed at her humour, or at least I hope it was humour.

"Yeah no" I said as she followed me into my room, me walking into my closet and her sitting on my bed.

"Why not?" She shouted/asked. "You need to get out there more" she continued.

I walked out in my leggings and a baggy top. It felt so good to get out of my work clothes.

"I did that, remember" I paused. "And look what happened, I got my heart broken"

~to be continued~