SEVENTEEN

Song for chapter;  Easily~ Bruno Major

SATURDAY

I walked along the path on my way to the breakfast diner that was down the street from my house. I was going to meet Payton for breakfast before she had to go to work.

I was on my phone of course. My phone is like a whole other world. My 'perfect life', or the life that people see online.

I was about to turn the corner until I bumped into someone. A someone that happens to be a he who is cute.

"Oh my gosh, I am so sorry" I apologise lifting my bag onto my shoulder again.

"No, it's my bad I was-" before he could finish I beat him to it.

"Looking at your phone? Yeah me too" I said sarcastically, we both chuckled and then there was silence.

"I'm Jayden, but people call me Jay" he smiled politely.

"Naomi" I smiled back showing teeth.

"Your very pretty, Naomi" he complimented making me blush.
"Thank you"I replied, returned the silence.
"I hope to see you again sometime, maybe I could get your number" he handed me his phone, I looked down at it for a moment, Payton's words ran through my head.

"You need to get out there more"

I took the phone out of his hands and typed my number in. I saved the contact and placed his phone back into his hand as he gripped onto it tight.

"I'll call you" he said starting to walk past me.
"I might answer" I replied being cocky, I heard a light chuckle coming from his mouth as we departed.

For the rest of the walk I had a smile on my face. I walked through the door and the bell went off. My eyes scanned the room looking for  her as I spotted her sitting in the booth in the corner, he hair had fresh highlights in and had been curled, she wore a light grey pan-suit with a white button up underneath and the blazer hanging on her shoulder with her arms not in the sleeves.

Payton always knew how to dress classy , something I use to struggle with massively.
Until I got the help from Payton.

"What took you so long?" She questioned as we both looked at a menu.
"Sorry, i got caught up" I said smiling to myself, remember the encounter I had experienced.

"What's got you so chipper"she looked to me with furrowed eyebrows showing she was utterly confused.
"Oh, no reason, I may or may have not met a cute boy who asked for my number" I said very smug.

"Really!" She beamed with excitement, "does this cutie have a name?" She asked raising her eyebrows.
"Yes, it's Jay"
_______________
LATER THAT DAY.

I was brushing my teeth, getting ready for bed as I heard my phone ringing from my bedroom.  I rushed to read the contact and it was a number that I didn't know, I answered.

"Hello" i said waiting for a reply.
"Naomi?" It was a familiar voice but not Jayden's.

"Ethan?" I was shocked to hear his voice on the other end of the phone call.

"It's late, I'm sorry, but I was in the neighbourhood..... and I seem to have wound up outside your house" he said slowly. I walked to my window and peeked through the curtain to see him standing there shivering.

"The doors open" I said smiling to myself.

~ to be continued~