SIXTEEN

Song for chapter; die for you~ the weekend

WEDNESDAY.

8:15am, the door opens and all the little kids scurry their way in putting their coats and book bags on their assigned pegs. They all sat down at their seats, in seating plan as I write the date and my name on the whiteboard.

Today I started teaching a new class, 4-5 year olds, where as before I taught 9-10 year olds.

I always wanted to teach little children, they're all so cute and they aren't petty little bitches like high school kids.

They're lucky, they have so much of their life ahead of them.

Just as I was about to open my mouth, the door goes and a little boy runs in to his peg.

"Oou, Jackson, your late" Clair shouted from the back of the class as everyone laughed with her.

"Alright settle down please" I said in my soft voice.

I watched as the little boy sat in his seat getting out his pens and opening up his book to the next clear page.

There's something about that little boy that looked oh so familiar.
______________
As the day dragged on it was time for the children to leave. I waited with them in the class as their parents come pilling in.

They all went off with their parents, it made me smile, the relationship between a parent and their child, it looks so precious.

I looked to see who out of the kids was left,

Jackson, the little boy from earlier, whom was late.

"Who's picking you up today Jackson?" I said crouching down next to him.

"Daddy!"he said smiling as he looked at the door.

My head turned to the door as it opened and I stood up. I couldn't believe it, after all this time. After 5 years, I was facing him again, he had changed but not that much.

I was snapped out of my trance when Jackson ran to his dad. Wow he was a dad.

Ethan was a dad.

"Naomi" he was just as shocked as I was, I could see it in his face.

"Ethan, your back?! " I said smiling at him as he stood closer to me.

"It's been long" he said standing there, I could tell he felt awkward, as did I.

"5 years, to be exact" I said looking down avoiding the awkward eye contact.

"Well I better go and get this one home" he said holding his hand out for Jackson to hold. "We should catch up soon" he said looking back at me giving me that genuine soft stile that I missed.

But if Ethan is Jackson's dad, then who's Jackson's mum?

~to be continued~