EIGHT

Song for chapter; I wanna be yours~ Artic Monkeys

We walked along the path.

This was new for me, I mean I've had a boyfriend before but Ethan's something else, I just don't know if I want to tell him how I feel yet.

"I've enjoyed tonight" I said out of the blue, but I could feel him looking at me even when I wasn't looking at him.

"So does this make up for the other night" he said in a weak tone.

"I guess" I replied sarcastically, I looked to Ethan and saw his lips curve upwards into a delicate smile.

"How about, we sit somewhere?" He asked and I nodded as a yes.

_____________
"Why do you shut people out?" Ethan finally had the courage to ask.

I stayed silent for a second contemplating if I should actually tell him the reason, but if I don't he won't actually know why I am how I am.

"A while back, like two years ago I had a boyfriend; Dylan, was his name. Me and Dylan were in love, well I was in love with him, deeply in love with him. He was my everything and I never thought we would end. Then I was on my way to his house and when I went up to his room, I found him in bed with my best friend at the time; Taylor" i explained while getting angry.

"I'm really sorry Naomi" Ethan said while hugging me from the side while I kinda just sat there without anything else to say.

____________
THE NEXT DAY.

I walked into school and instantly saw Payton, so I ran up to her.

"Hey girly! It's your birthday tomorrow" she shouted as she saw me.

"Shhh" i instantly put my hand over my mouth.

"What! Everyone knows" she said defending herself.

"Not Ethan" i said as her eyebrows narrowed in a confused manner.

"So..." she wanted me to continue.

"So I don't want him to go out of his way to get me anything cause you and I both know he will" i said looking up to her with a 'duh' look on my face.

"Yeah, because he likes you stupid" she said pushing me lightly.

"Shut up! No he doesn't" I said as she shut her locker and we started walking down the hall.

"Naomi Hastings are you-" before she could finish she was cut off by the bell for first period.

We said our goodbyes and went to our classes. I walked into my first class which was English, which I shared with Ethan.

I sat in my seat and saw Ethan turn to the back where I was and had a wide smile on his face while waving to me.

Ethan doesn't like me.

Does he?

I'm sure he would never go for a girl like me, being as hot as he is, I'm sure he can get any girl he wanted.

Or am I just blind ?

~to be continued~