Chapter 2: Message of Blood

Kenneth was training Lucas in different styles of fighting at a local gym. He was having an easy time catching on to Kenneth's teachings. His thirst for revenge kept him focused and willing to achieve any goal. They trained in numerous places including caves, mountain tops, and monuments to cities. The two brothers were training in the desert as teens.

Four years went by and with so many years of fighting, they became stronger. The slow fighting becomes a much more rapid battle. They exchange punches ferociously but no contact is being made with their outstanding defensive and offensive capabilities. Kenneth catches one of Lucas' punches between his right forearm and bicep then flips Lucas over his shoulder and down to the ground, thus ending the sparring session.

Lucas says to himself as he lies in the dirt, defeated, "Damn."

Kenneth was a tactical genius and knew more about the actions of people than the people themselves. He was hands on about pissing people off and making them see things he wanted to bring into the light. Making a statement was his strong suit with no signs of weakness. Kenneth puts his right hand out to help Lucas up on his feet.

Back on his feet, Lucas dusts himself off as Kenneth explains, "You're getting better. You just need more concentration. Try to be less predictable and you'll be able to dominate any battle. The sun's up. It's time to go to work."

Lucas nods his head in agreement and they both walk away.

Meanwhile, outside of the building, Kenneth and Lucas stare up toward the roof then look down at the front entrance.

Lucas asks Kenneth without looking at him, "Do you know what floor he's on?"

Kenneth answers, "Yeah. Eighth and he always has someone watching outside the door for their morning contact. You ready?"

Lucas looks up at the building and back down to the front entrance again then says, "I'm always ready."

They enter the apartment building and head up the stairs. The apartment building is old and rundown. Looks like it should have been condemned, which made it the perfect spot for a dealer to do business unnoticed. Drug dealers always wanted to live on the higher side of life. Lucas and Kenneth are talking about sports as they are walking up toward the eighth floor.

Kenneth tells the story excitedly to Lucas, "So he goes over the top, passes the ball to Chambers then he goes straight to the hoop. They played the replay like six times and I swear he flew over four people and still made the dunk!"

As they reach the eighth floor, they see a guy standing guard at the door that they are heading to. Kenneth's information is always correct. He never had a flaw or made any mistakes in any plans. Lucas was always envious of his brother for that reason. His strength matched his attitude.

Kenneth says to Lucas, "See I told you it would only be one guard up here. Low level chump spots like this always got one guard."

They approach the guard, Cesar, a short haired young Hispanic guy. He was nobody special to the gang. Just a sit in who got noticed and wanted to be somebody.

Cesar asks forcefully, "Where the fuck you think you goin'?"

Lucas takes Cesar by surprise, hitting him in the stomach. He then elbows Cesar's head into the wall, as Kenneth proceeds into the room. Ice gets startled and jumps over the couch toward the bedroom. Ice has been one of the most favored drug dealers in the city. He was a skinny guy, loaded with money, drugs, and tattoos.

As Ice tries to run for the next room, Kenneth reaches over the couch and grabs Ice by his shirt collar then pulls him back over the couch. He pushes him into the dining room area and Ice stumbles to the floor. Lucas rapidly walks over and grabs Ice by his neck then drags him toward the wall. Lucas, very angrily, slams him into the wall and starts to choke him.