Chapter 4.2

Charlie and three of his men are standing outside of a three-story warehouse building in the afternoon. The warehouse district is pretty busy. It's not at all separate from the city. People still drive through to get to work, seeing big rig trucks next to luxury vehicles and limos. There are stores around for all the workers to take breaks and buy a decent lunch. Charlie's goons are all dressed in suit type outfits and some a little more dressed down with just slacks and a button up.

Charlie is telling a story about their boss, Vincent Agrentero, "...so he walks up to the guy and says leave."

The mobster in front of him looks around at the others and asks, "Then what happened?"

Charlie asks, "What do you think happened? The guy took off running."

The same mobster asks surprisingly, "Just like that huh? Man."

Charlie assures, "I'm tellin' you, Mr. Agrentero is not a man to mess with."

Kenneth sits in a lawn chair on a roof across the street from Charlie, watching them and eating popcorn. A black car pulls up and four people get out of it. They're all dressed in polo shirts and button up shirts and all obviously armed. Another black car pulls up and three other people exit the vehicle. The passenger opens up the back door for their boss, Santiago Estrada.

Santo is an older Cuban man, known for being an extremist fighter back in his country. He fought with some of the fiercest fighters and prevailed as a champion until he retired. He met contacts as a fighter which landed him an immediate entry into the drug trade. Though retired, he still trains hard, seeing as his fists still have some usage. Santo and Charlie shake hands and they all walk into the building.

Kenneth says to himself, "Well this is a little unexpected."

Kenneth gets up and walks downstairs to the street where Lucas is standing on the corner, waiting. Kenneth stands next to Lucas and leans against the wall with his head facing across the street.

Lucas asks, "Are we clear?"

Kenneth answers, "Nope. Santiago Estrada."

"Call me out of line, but should I give a shit who that is?"

"He's one of the biggest drug dealers around. He's head of the Cuban Cartel and the one that's being backed by Daigo."

"Oh... well I say we go anyway. This might actually be good. We can interrupt Daigo's funds again and leave them dry for a while."

"Estrada's a whole different ball game. We're not supposed to hit him yet."

Lucas starts walking across the street then turns around and replies, "We're not gonna take the fall for it anyway, just come on. See how this plays out."

Cars start to pull over then honk at him for stopping and standing in the street.

Kenneth starts walking toward Lucas and, as he walks pass, points back then agrees, "Alright but you're gonna regret this."

Lucas turns to him and excitedly says, "Now we're talkin'." He gets annoyed at a honking car on the right side of him then turns to look and shouts, "Shut the fuck up!"

The driver puts his hands up and smiles at Lucas as they both walk toward the building from the street. In order to stay afloat in America, Santo needs to expand his connections outside of Daigo. It'll take a little more than one man's support to build an empire so he met with Charlie and put together a transaction. Charlie is one of Vincent Agrentero's made men; making him a dangerous guy that's feared by people who don't ask what they should be afraid of.

The title of Made Man put fear in a lot of people, like a cop holding a badge except there wasn't any arrest to be made. Santo and his men are standing on opposing sides as if they are about to do battle. Charlie's team is in the right side of the door and Santo's team is on the left. There is a small wooden table separating them from each other. Even though they met on good terms, trust is still something that has to be earned. With a deal involving a lot of money and a lot of diamonds, nobody can put that much trust in even their most trusted friends and allies.