Chapter 10: Night Time Champ

Lucas and Kenneth are walking down the street under a railway. The neighborhood is very dirty and has a lot of thug looking guys walking the streets, lingering around. Most of the guys have baggy clothes and different types of headgear; beanies, hats, doo-rags, etc. They turn into an empty dark alleyway on their right.

The alley has gang writing on the walls but it is night with no light, making it difficult to make out. There are a couple of small gray trash cans next to a red door, further into the alley. Lucas looks at the ground and sees the gravel is pretty worn in like someone recent blew up the alley with a grenade. They approach the door.

Lucas asks, "Where are we?"

Kenneth knocks on the door with a secret knock and answers, "You'll see in a second."

The guard behind the door opens a little hole in the door. There's music blaring and a bright redness shining out from behind him.

The guard asks firmly, "Who are you lookin' for?"

From the sound of his voice and the shape of his head, the guard seems to be a buff Caucasian guy.

Kenneth answers, "Frank."

"What's the password?"

"There is no password."

The guard shuts the hole and opens the door. The brightness from the hallway seeps out as the door opens. Kenneth caught a glimpse of how the inside would look when the hole was opened. On the other hand, Lucas, who's standing on Kenneth's right side, had only seen a fraction through the hole; but definitely wasn't expecting the entire room to be lit.

Lucas squints his left eye and tilts his head down to still maintain visual while not being blinded. They walk into the bright red hallway and see Frank sitting in a chair next to a door. He's texting on his phone with Wynter standing beside him, watching their approach. They are sitting next to a turn at the hallway going east.

Kenneth calls out, "Frank?"

Frank lifts his head up and asks, "Aye what's up?"

Frank gets up and slides his phone into his pocket. He walks the few feet to meet Kenneth and Lucas. They all shake hands and walk back to Wynter.

Frank introduces her, "This is Wynter."

Kenneth and Lucas reach for her hand then she shakes theirs, starting with Lucas.

Lucas politely says, "Nice to meet you."

Kenneth greets, "Hello."

She replies, "Likewise and hi."

Her voice is soft and gentle with a very warm feel to it. She's wearing a black full body suit that compliments every curve that has to be seen. She wears her hair curly, which is Lucas' favorite, making him slightly more relaxed to her attractiveness. Kenneth can't contain himself. He falls prey to her real fast but out of respect for what Frank and her may have or had, he remains quiet.

Frank asks, "You guys ready?"

Kenneth answers, "Yeah."

"Alright let's go."

They all begin walking down the rest of the hallway with Frank leading the way.

Frank starts to explain, "Just keep in mind that people will see you do this. A lot of people will be pissed if you win. You'll be putting a massive hole in their pockets. They may even come after you two."

Frank stops walking then turns around.

He looks at Kenneth and Lucas then asks, "You guys sure about this?"