Chapter 5: Social Graces

At Vincent Agrentero's home office, he is sitting at his desk reading a newspaper. Vincent is from the old school. He is a forty-eight year old man with a young wife, two young boys, and a short temper. A New Yorker, who used to belong to another organized crime family. He saw an opportunity for expansion and took it. He took his crew and came to Resdale Heights, slowly taking over little at a time by bribery and force.

One thing every boss needed was balls and he has enough to choke a horse. Eventually the city became his and for the past six years, he's been on top of the hill. His home is a mansion outside of the city. Top of the hill is a literal term. It is a very beautiful place with a view of the entire city below. He lived next to all the famous Rockefellers.

His office isn't much to look at but seeing as his work is illegal, he doesn't need to store much documentation around his home. Just needs his desk, his house phone, and his plant. Vince's bodyguard Viktor always stood in the room with him or is always nearby. Viktor is from Russia and stands tall at about 6'4", two-hundred seventy pounds, mainly muscle. He was kicked out of his country from a prison and sold to Vince as a slave.

Vince offered him an opportunity as a bodyguard and Viktor took it. His position lets him beat people to a bloody pulp as much as he pleased, when they couldn't pay up protection for the month of course. The killing is just an added bonus perk for working for a crime boss. He is good at it because of his size, which is probably what he was imprisoned for in the first place. Vince's house phone rings. He moves his feet off of the desk, neatly closes his newspaper, and then answers the phone.

Vince greets, "Hello?"

The caller is one of his men calling about the deal gone wrong. His mood quickly shifts from humble to pissed off in about a second.

Vince shouts, "What?! Where's my money?!... Motherfuckers! I want everyone out looking for those assholes NOW!"

He slams the phone down on the hook and throws the newspaper on the floor.

Viktor looks over at his frustrated boss and asks, "What is it boss?"

Vince replies in a calm tone, "Some fuckin' punks think they can fuck up a forty million dollar deal and get away with it. I want those assholes dead and buried."

Viktor asks, "Any idea who they are boss? I will kill them for you now."

Vince replies, "No idea yet. I have to wait for more information. The cops seized the diamonds and the money. My biggest concern is getting that back first."

Vince is upset about the deal but not worried. Part of running a city means that everyone works for you. He has connections that can get the stuff back for him without question, once he finds out where they are. In an alley behind the warehouse, Lucas and Kenneth are huffing and puffing, from having just escaped from the scene of the crime.

Lucas asks, "Think it worked?"

Kenneth answers, "Agrentero's phone is probably fallin' off the hook by now. Especially with all the people we let get away. What happened with Charlie?"

They both start walking toward home, as they catch their breath then Lucas answers, "His head wasn't as hard as I thought it was. I think I broke his neck."

"Ah it's alright. According to Charlie, there were diamonds in one of those cases. Santo's gonna be pissed unless they made it out with something."

"They didn't. All the cases were still there when the cops showed."

"Come on let's go."

They both begin to jog home. More backup arrives and starts slapping the cuffs on the criminals then hauling them away. Paramedics show up to collect the wounded and the dead. Forensics begins sweeping up the scene for evidence. Styler scans the room and realizes Malone never showed up. He quickly leaves and goes around the building, following Malone's path. He quickly walks around to the alley with his hand on his gun.