Chapter 12.2

He's a really smart guy and she hasn't had the opportunity to notice it before. After the game is over, the crowd cheers as Jake has beaten his previous high score. Everyone cheers for him except for Lucas and Rose.

Lucas turns to Rose and asks, "Hey how high do you think the score on this machine goes?"

Rose replies, "Who'd know that? It's probably impossible."

Lucas tilts his head sideways and asks, "You believe in impossibilities?"

"Is there-"

Jake interrupts, "Hey Ryan. You're up."

Lucas says to Rose, "Excuse me I'll be right back."

Lucas steps up to the machine then grabs the gun and acts like he's reloading it. The crowd smiles at his humor and unconcerned behavior. Jake and Jack are quite nervous that they may have bitten off more than they can chew. They didn't expect Lucas to be as good as he is. His low ranking score on his first game led Jake to believe that he would be all talk.

Jake slides his card for Lucas to start the game. Lucas skips the cut scenes and immediately starts taking out all the enemies with head shots yet again. The score climbs higher than ever before, nearing the end of each passing stage. By the end of the second stage, he has long passed Jake's high score and is going for the top score possible. He continues switching weapons and shooting with the best accuracy.

He manages to even conquer the end boss fight without taking a single bullet. At the end of the stage, Lucas reaches an even score of one million. Everyone starts cheering for Lucas as he puts the gun down and walks back to Rose.

Lucas asks again as he smiles at her, "You believe in impossibilities?"

She smiles back and answers, "I guess not."

Lucas asks, "Should I keep going?"

Rose asks in return, "Why not?"

Lucas answers, "Because we're here to have a good time with each other."

Rose quickly replies, "Believe me, watching their humiliation is a great time."

Lucas asks, "Are you sure?"

She answers, "Yeah. Go ahead."

Lucas walks over to Jake and Jack then asks, "So what's next?"

Jake replies, "Racing. There are four machines; we can all race at the same time."

Lucas replies, "Alright."

Lucas looks over at the four car seats lined up side by side on the other side of the room then asks, "Those ones?"

Jack answers, "Yep. That one is my dominant. Best cyclist there is with the record to prove it."

Lucas says, "Okay let's go."

The crowd starts to make their way over to the car game with them. Lucas and Rose walk over together.

Lucas asks, "They really don't get enough do they?"

Rose answers with assurance, "Not at all."

Lucas asks, "You want to play with us? There's a fourth seat."

"I know that you won't take it easy on me so the romance won't really be felt. I'll pass."

Lucas begs childishly, "C'mon please. You can sit next to me."

Rose debates it then says, "I'm going to lose though."

Lucas replies, "So will they. Just enjoy yourself with me."