C02

01 October 2018
Jisung's POV

I wake up to my brother waking me up. "Jisung-ah come on wake up will you?" he said. "5 minutes hyunggg" I whined. "Stop being lazy will you?" he said. "But I'm tired of what the castle did yesterday.. greeting guests and everything, forcing me a speech as the crown prince." I said. "That's your duty Jisung-ah. The king's job is even more tiring you know" he said. "Yeah but I'll have my unknown soulmate there so like I have an energy recharger" I said. "Cheesy" he said.

"Fine I'll wake up." I said. "That's more like it. You'll become king when you find your mate and turn 20 though so you better get used to this" he said. I sigh, I guess I really have to get used to this. After all, I am the crown prince.

Let me introduce myself but you might already know me though. My name is Park Jisung, the crown prince of the NCT kingdom. I'm an alpha werewolf waiting to find his mate. If you're wondering why I'm crown prince and not my brother, well that's because he chose to be part of the royal council instead of king so I'm the crown prince now.

My brother gets out of my room and I do my usual morning routine. It took me about only 5 minutes. After that, I head to the dining room for breakfast. "Good morning father" I said. "Morning Jisung-ah" he replied. I sit down on my chair at the opposite end of where my father was sitting. He said that as the crown prince I should act like one.

"Remember to keep your identity hidden alright?" my mom said and I nod. The people in my school don't actually know that I'm the prince. They just thought of me as a son of a rich person. I had to beg my parents to attend a normal school like normal people instead of home-schooling. They let me do that as long as I keep my identity hidden which was okay with me.

I finish my breakfast and say "I'm going to school now.. bye" "Be careful" my mom said and I nod going to the car. I hop in and the driver already knows where to so he just drives off. I get off the car once I arrive and head to my locker. I was that one popular boy for some reasons so girls like crowd around me. "Jisung oppa I really like you" one of them said. "Sorry but I can't return that feeling" I said trying to be nice even though I wish I could tell them to shut up.

It all keeps going and stuff until I reach my locker. I have like no friends in here but I'll be graduating soon so I don't really worry about anything. I grab my books and close the locker and head to my first class. It was Korean so I just went to class and pay attention to what the teacher says and then 2 hours went by without me realizing.

I go to my locker again to grab my English books and head to my English class next. I had to pay attention to this because I don't speak well but at least I understand what they say. The teacher is a foreigner so we can't communicate through Korean. It went by quickly and it was already lunch time.

I sit down at my usual spot alone and eat the food my mom brought me. Mom's food never fails to make me smile to be honest. But the thing is, every lunch time there is this one girl who always annoys me with her fakeness if I say so myself. She was obsessed with me that I heard the rumors she changed everything about her for me.

It's not like I fell for her though. She was far from my ideal type. Fake, make-up obsesser, complicated, and just so much more. I just wish she's not my mate. I'll find her once I turn 17 which is next year. I'll smell something addictive and I'll be attracted towards her.

I finish my lunch quickly because I honestly can't stand this girl anymore. I go to the only place where I feel safe and unbothered, the rooftop. I arrive there and the cool breeze comes hitting me. This place have been my safe place ever since I moved to this school. I usually come here after I finish lunch until the lunch break ends.

The bell rings signalling that lunch break ends. I heaved out a sigh and return to class. The day actually went by pretty quickly. In no time, I was walking towards the school exit. As usual, the girls were all over the place screaming stuff like fangirls, which they are.

The car pulled up in front of the school's entrance and I get in, not standing the screaming fangirls anymore. Actually, there is this one girl that I've had my eyes on. She's in 2nd grade while I'm in 3rd. She doesn't fangirl or stuff she's just well... casual about it. She doesn't know me but I feel like I want to know her, find out more.

Without realizing, the car stopped and we reach the palace. I open the door and head inside. "How was school Jisung-ah?" my mom asked. "Just the usual mom. Girls crowding around me, that one annoying girl every lunch, yeah that's basically it" I said. "When will you be graduating again?" she asks. "December why?" I ask. "Just asking.. do you need to go to college?" she ask again. "I think I should learn more about the kingdom and stuff than going to college" I said and she nods.

I go to my room and find my brother looking at a bunch of pictures of us. "Hyung what in the world are you doing?" I ask putting down my school bag on the desk. "You know.. I'm going to miss waking you up in the morning" he said not even sparing a glance. "Huh?" I blurted out confused. "I'm gonna get married Jisung-ah. Although I would be happy with my fianceé, I would definitely miss having to wake your lazy butt up" he said and my mouth hang open.

"W-Wait you're getting married?" I ask in disbelief and he nods. "Don't worry it's me who proposed to her" he said. "I didn't even know you had a girlfriend!" I exclaimed. "Sorry for not telling you" he said. "It's okay hyung. I mean it's your choice anyways. I'm happy for you hyung" I say sincerely. Even though this hyung is a really stubborn and annoying one, it doesn't change anything.

"Thank you Jisung-ah. Attend it, next week, 7 October 2018." he said and I nod. I head to my bathroom to take a shower. 5 minutes later, I get out and this time my father was sitting on my bed. "Father what are you doing here?" I ask. "Oh Jisung, I was just going to ask you... 2 questions actually." he said. I nod confusedly. "The first one, you really are willing to be king right?" he asks and I nod saying "Of course"

"Okay I know the second one isn't supposed to be until next year but do you.. perhaps found traces of your mate or at least laid eyes on?" he asked wiggling his eyebrows. There it is, my father's true self is coming out. Sure, he's a king, stern, discipline and stuff but well, sometimes he's playful.
I think it's just his natural self.

"Well... there's this one girl-" he cuts me off. "Really? What's her name? Who are her friends?" he asks. "Father stop making a fuss about it. I don't know anything about her except her face.. and rumors" I said sadly. "Then why...?" he asks confusedly. "She's different. She doesn't fangirl like the rest and even though the rumors of her keep spreading she has learnt to ignore them and just live her life" I said.

"That's deep" he says. "I know, that's why she's interesting" I said. "Say, what are those rumors you were talking about?" he asks again. "There are rumors that she's an orphan, having a step-brother instead of a real one, stuff like that" I said. "If only she's my mate.." I trailed off. "Jisung is smitten~~" he teases. "Father~" I whined.

"Okay I'll stop... but let me tell you this. If she is your mate, then I will approve but if she isn't then you can't be with her." he says. "Without you telling me that I'll still not be with her if she's not my mate" I said and he smiles nodding. "I've raised you right" he says. I smile and hug him. "Okay Jisung, the thing is you have a meeting with the council and me and your mom so get ready and wear something like a suit please or just at least a shirt not t-shirt" he says and I sigh nodding.

He pats my shoulder and leaves my room. I change my clothes to one of my white dress shirt and black pants. I wear a black tie and head to the meeting room where we will of course be having the meeting. I enter and bow "Sorry I'm late" I said. "We were just about to start Jisung, sit down please" my mom said so I did. We start talking about everything going to be discussed in this meeting.

It took 2 hours before it finished and man I am exhausted after debating with them. They wanted me to hold a ball for the whole kingdom and see if I could find someone to which I of course reject. I need to find my mate, not just any random person.

After that, I head to my room and do my homework and then I get ready to go to bed. Today's events were definitely interesting, especially the part when my brother is getting married. I can't wait for next week. Precisely, I can't wait for my brother's wedding.