A dance to remember

Well tonight's the night, the day someone is going to try to kill me. Among the suspects is team RWBY all together. As well as Cinder's team, especially if they use Emerald's ability to fool the crowd. But it all depends on how they do it.

Velvet: You okay F/n.?

F/n: Oh! Yeah don't worry about it. Just have a good time okay.

I said not wanting to make her worry. After all, she's not the one people are trying to kill.

Coco: Why don't you try to have some fun to. You need it like anyone else.

Yatahashi: True, you won't have time to relax once your a full huntsmen.

F/n: True. But that's why I'm here.

We soon went in the front door to see Yang at the reception desk.

Yang: Omg You guys look cute together!

F/n: And you look... presentable.

Yang: Seriously?

F/n: Don't push me on this.

We soon walked in to see everyone dancing and having a good time. But I soon looked up to see the Shandilear was hanging on by a peice of rope. One that looks like it might snap.

Velvet: Okay what are you looking at?

F/n: The Shandilear, it looks it might fall soon.

Soon Yatahashi looks at the shandilear and his eyes soon widen.

Yatahashi: He's right.

Fox: Think we should tell anyone?

F/n: No I think we should let it fall on everyone. Of course we should tell someone!

Coco: Fox, go tell Ozpin. Yatahashi go and see about finding Someone to help take it down. I'll go and find Ms. Goodwitch

Velvet: hey what about me?

Coco: You just focus on having a good time. After all you deserve at least one dance that doesn't become an utter mess.

With that, all three went out to do what they needed to. Leaving me and Velvet here alone together at this dance. While Velvet had a sad look on her face.

F/n: Hey what's wrong?

Velvet: O-Oh it's nothing?

F/n: A sad face like that says otherwise... But I won't force you to tell me. I'm here if you need to talk about it.

Velvet: ... You promise not to make fun of me.

F/n: I promise.

Velvet: You see last year's dance was actually my first dance. I use to a read fairy tale about how a working girl with two awful step sisters and a step mother, was able to finally able to the ball to find her prince. I hope at some point to go to a dance to at least perhaps my prince. But instead I was laughed, made fun of. Someone even threw a rock at me.

F/n: Velvet...

Velvet: Sense then, I thought finding a prince who would like me would be lie. That is until you stood up for me. No one besides Coco ever stood up for me, and you didn't even knew me. So I guess in a way your my prince.

F/n: W-wow, that very sweet Velvet. But i'm no prince, I'm a huntsmen. Besides I'm pretty sure there's a lot of guys who would have fought to protect you.

Velvet: Yet you were the first guy to do so. I know that you don't see yourself as a prince, nor would I ask you to be. But could you at least... be my huntsmen then.