A forced hand.

F/n pov

Now let's go over what I got for the mission. Angel's dream: Check. Fire, ice, wind, earth and gravity: Check. Scroll: check. Okay that should be everything for tomorrow.

Lucifer: (In head) So are you really going to kill that crazy scientist?

F/n:(In head) No. I plan to bring him in.

Lucifer:(In head) Ahh your no fun. But what do you think he's working on?

F/n:(In head) Considering we saw that symbol when we dealt with the hydra, it's probably something that Grimm will be mostly affected.

Lucifer:(In head) You think it also involves the Grimm pools?

F/n: (In head) He's most likely examined them from one point in time. I actually wouldn't mind looking over what he discovered.

Lucifer: (In head) Yeah, not a bad idea. He might have found something that could destroy them. Or at least might have made a discovery.

F/n: (In head) only one way to find out.

I soon put my sword back in it's shethe and looked outside. It wasn't before I noticed a little nest right in the tree, complete with two eggs in it.

F/n: How long has that been there?

I said as I saw one of the eggs begin hatching, soon a little white bird with black highlights under it's wings pops out and begins moving around. It soon goes over to the other egg and begins pushing to the side.

F/n: No... it wouldn't.

I said as it began getting near the edge. I soon went and grabbed just as it was beginning to fall.

F/n: Geez nature, your scary.

I said as I went to I put the egg on my bed and grabbed my uniform, and made a little nest for the egg on the desk. I then put the egg in the nest and decided to sit down and relax a little bit.

Lucifer: (In head) Well, looks like someone is dying tonight.

F/n: (In head) Go right ahead.

Lucifer: (In head) R-really.

He said as I took off my necklace.

3rd pov

Soon the tree branch was cut off and the nest began falling to the ground.

Lucifer: I like you today.

He soon looks at the egg he saved.

Lucifer: I guess were two of a kind.

(Time skip brought to you by chibi Lucifer making an actual nest out of the tree branch he cut off)

F/n pov

Soon Jaune, Pyrrha, Ren, and Nora walk back in, taking their equipment off.

F/n: No mission today?

Jaune: Yeah were leaving tomorrow. What's that?

He said pointing to the little nest I made.

F/n: Just a nest I made for an egg.

Pyrrha: Where did you get the egg?

F/n: Eh, was about to fall to the ground. Saved it from death, cut a branch off. Now it's here.

Ren: Aren't you worried that it's mother would want it back?

F/n: Considering it's the middle of summer and it's been a couple of hours sense I saved it. I'm pretty sure it's mother isn't coming back.