The Dumpster

As we continued our journey through Route 2, we noticed a dumpster that was blocking our path. And not just any dumpster, a really big dumpster I might add; great, this is exactly what we needed. I rolled my eyes in frustration.

"Come on now, let's push it. Here, I have gloves." Jonathan exclaimed, pushing the dumpster with all his might and me doing the same (ewww). But suddenly, I heard a cry coming from under the dumpster.

"Wait! I think there's someone under the dump!" I cried, prying my hands under the dumpster.

"Eevee!!" Cried from under the dump.

"It's an Eevee!" Jonathan said, eyes widening. Like I said in the lab, Eevees were rare around these parts. We pushed aside the dumpster and saw a tiny Eevee, around the age of 10 months who was crying with dirty fur. Cocoa's eyes were full of pity as we took the Eevee into our arms. We raced to the Pokemon Center and rapidly explained the situation to Nurse Joy who was nodding, eyes full of determination.

"Okay, this Eevee's going to be fine. Don't worry, she just needs some rest." Nurse Joy said as her Chansey took Eevee and put her on a gurney. I watched as Chansey pushed the gurney into a room down the hall. I couldn't help but feel worried. I paced the lobby with Jonathan looking at me curiously. Cocoa tried to calm me down, which I felt grateful for and stopped pacing when Chansey came out with the Eevee.

"Eevee's feeling a lot better! In this condition, I suggest you capture her though." Nurse Joy said happily.

"That's great! Thank you so much Nurse Joy! Good bye!" I said, relieved. I carried the little Eevee in my arms while Cocoa sat on my right shoulder. I looked at Jonathan as he handed over a PokeBall.

"Okay Eevee, ready?" I asked the Eevee.

"Eevee..." It smiled at me which I took as a yes. I threw the PokeBall and it landed square on her head. It wobbled once, twice, three times and it stopped with a click. I cheered when I picked it up, weighing the PokeBall which felt light. I let the Eevee out and I studied it.

"Eevee!" It cried happily, puzzling my face. It was a girl like Cocoa but I couldn't think of a name for her. I thought about the Eevee evolutions and decided to make this Eevee into a Leafeon which would match her attitude.

"Is it okay if I name you Honey?" I asked her as Cocoa nodded in satisfaction. Cocoa was glad to have another Eevee who she could talk too.

"Vee Eevee!" Honey danced around and talked to Cocoa and they began began a huge talk, apparently about how great it was to become a Leafeon soon. I chose Leafeon because we were near a forest anyway so I might as well evolve Honey too.

"Nice! Now you have 2 Eevees!" Jonathan blurted, obviously happy.

"I know! I think it might be cool to have only Eevee evolutions during our journey!" I laughed. I had thought about this and I think that it was a great idea. I mean, why not? Cocoa can stay as an Eevee since I named her Cocoa and I could get the other Eevee evolutions!

"That sounds cool. Hey, race ya to the end of the forest!" Jonathan dashed off; I ran after him, shaking my head with a smile.