My New Crush

I sighed blissfully as we finally got out of the forest. I shielded my eyes from the sun for a moment before I looked around. I noticed 2 young toddlers, looking straight ahead.

'They must be waiting for someone to pass so they can battle bypassers." I thought curiously.

"Wanna battle them?" Jonathan asked me, eyebrow raised.

"Sure, why not? They're just toddlers." I commented as I marched confidently toward the kids. They stared at me for a moment before they challenged us.

"Go, Azurill!" The boy cried, throwing his PokeBall clumsily, I might add. A blue round Pokemon with ears and a tail with a blue ball at the end popped out. It looked cute.

"Go! Pichu!" The girl said, throwing hers on the field, better than the boy. A tiny yellow mouse-like Pokemon popped out that also looked cute.

"Let's go! Honey!" I said calmly as Honey stepped onto the field. The toddler's eyes widened in excitement as they met a new Pokemon.

"Froakie!" Jonathan yelled, pulling out Froakie's PokeBall.

"Honey, use Vine Whip on Azurill!" I commanded as Leafeon nodded and slapped Azurill with a leafy whip. Azurill immediately fainted. Tsk. Weak.

"Froakie, use Tackle!" Jonathan smirked playfully. Pichu almost fainted but held on.

"Oh no! Pichu, use Thunder Wave on the Leafeon!" The girl cried out as her Pokemon obliged and created a thunder wave that paralyzed Honey. Honey shuddered as the Thunder Wave took its process of paralysis.

"Honey, use Vine Whip." I said, hoping that Honey could do it. Naturally, she didn't. She tried using Vine Whip but she was shaking so bad that she couldn't manage the attack.

"Froakie, finish this with Tackle!" Jonathan shouted, eyes full of hope. I held my breath as Froakie tackled Pichu that resulted in a victory. A tear rolled down my face as I examined Honey who kept trying to reassure me. I ruffled through my bag, hoping for an Paralysis Heal that I already knew wasn't there.

"Hey, look at me. It's okay. Let's just get outta here and get to a Pokemon Center." Jonathan said, coming by my side, hugging me tightly. My heart skipped as I blushed again. Could I be in love?

"Okay..." I sniffled, wiping my eyes with my sleeve. I usually don't cry much. Only when the people I love are hurt. We walked together out of the route and into a Pokemon Center in the nearest town. As we were waiting in the freezing lobby, I noticed a girl with a camera hanging down her neck and I immediately recognized her.

"Is that really you Viola?" I asked, eyes wide. Viola is the first gym leader, the gym leader of Santalune City. Jonathan and I were talking about battling her after our Pokemon are all healed. Viola spun around, surprised when she heard her name being called and she looked puzzled as she stared at me.

"Oh, you don't know me but I know you! My friend here and I were about to challenge you to a battle!" I started explaining excitedly. She smiled warmly after that.

'She looks young and pretty!" I thought to myself.

"Oh! Hello! I can't wait for our battle later! I'm sorry we don't have more time to talk but I'll see you later!" She called out, walking out the door and into the paparazzi who were taking pictures of Viola, their beloved gym leader.

"Eek!!!! I can't believe that I met Viola!! She's so amazing!" I squealed to Jonathan who rolled his eyes, probably giving indication that I was crazy.

"Hello there! Your Pokemon are all healed!" Nurse Joy called to us from the counter. We picked up our PokeBalls as we left, with a wave and a nice thank you and good bye.

"Well then, shall we continue?" Jonathan asked in a gentleman rich tone. I giggled and looped arms with him.

"Yes, yes we shall." I laughed, putting my head on his shoulder. I smiled and closed my eyes, remembering this beautiful moment. The birds chirping, the sum beaming down on my face and the rhythm of Jonathan's heartbeat.

'I could get used to this.' I grinned.