First Kiss :*

I sigh. I was not expecting to have this conversation with Jonathan. But, I guess I have to come clean.

"My mom... she had a infection. One day, she came home from work and someone in the parking lot slit her arms. She nearly died from loss of blood." I stammered out, tears in my eyes as I remembered that day when I received the devastating news. I was wild with grief. My dad cried in the shower everyday and screamed in his sleep. I barely got any sleep those days and woke up in the mornings with puffy eyes. He had later died in a war. Jonathan looked speechless.

"I'm sorry..." he said, shaking his head. I waved my hand in the air, gesturing for him to change the subject. Just then, the elevator doors squeaked to an open and I was greeted by two firefighters with a crowbar.

"Are you kids alright?" One of them asked, with an eyebrow raised. We nodded as they pulled us out. I noticed Sophia at the corner of my eye. She smiled sheepishly at me. I glared playfully at her as she walked toward me.

"I'm sooo sorry but I really thought that this could've helped..." Sophia trailed off and noticed Jonathan watching me go with soft eyes.

"AHH... So my plan DID work eh?" Sophia laughed, elbowing me.

"Shut up." I grinned, tying my hair up. I nodded Jonathan for us to leave while Sophia whistled and walked away.

"Hey, you're okay right?" He asked me, putting his thumbs in his front jean pockets. I giggled in my head.

"Yeah, are you?" I asked, looking up at him. A nod. The next thing, i knew, i felt something warm on my lips. I opened my eyes. Then I see him, his lips against mine. I feel like I could fly. That tingly and warm sensation made me feel as if I wanted to stay like this...for eternity. This electrical shock between us. What is it? I feel so alive. Then it ended...

"Um...I'm sorry...that's not how I wanted it to go." He stammered, looking for words, but failing to do so. I shook my head and smiled. I slipped my cold, small hand into his warm and big ones. Now I know what the "first kiss" feels...

"I'm BACK!" Sophia cried out, popping from behind us. We jumped and quickly let go of each other.

"Hey, don't steal my girl." Sophia shouted, pulling me towards her and linking her arm with mine. I rolled my eyes and smiled sheepishly. Jonathan blushed profusely, of course.

"Yeah, sure. Take her." He said, waving his hand at me. I couldn't help but feel disappointed from this act. Sophia smiled slyly and flipped her hair at him, turning her heel. I grinned at him and in response, he smiled back.

"What were you guys DOING in there?" She asked, her face flustered. Why would she be flustered...?

"Nothing! I swear! We were just chatting." I replied with a pout. We stayed quiet for a couple of seconds and asked if we could chat at the park. We ditched Jonathan but texted him saying that we were going to go shopping and he could wander around the city.

"What's up?" I asked casually, wondering what it might be.

"Well, I don't know how I should say this but..... I used to date Jonathan." She said, REALLY FAST. My eyes widened and I felt this warm, tingly feeling in my body... My best friend used to date my boyfriend? I feel like I could die right now.

"So what happened to your relationship?" I asked curiously, searching her eyes for any indication of love still left for Jonathan.

"Well. Long story..." She trailed off.