Chapter 1 - Meeting Her

Mike's POV:

I was walking home when I saw a moving van parked across from my house. Was someone moving in? Well, obviously someone was. But who?

I don't remember the last time someone moved here. Actually, I think someone moved here last year but they were only here for like a month, then they left.

I wonder who it could be?

I shrugged it off and walked into my house. I was immediately met by the scent of my moms cooking. She was cooking meatloaf and mashed potatoes. It was a typical Wheeler dinner. I didn't mind it, it tasted good and all, but I was getting sick of of having it every night.

"Mike!" My sister, Nancy, yells while running down the stairs. I roll my eyes and look at her, she looks really mad. It looks as if steam can be coming out of her ears. This is gonna go well.

"What now, Nancy?" I say, clearly annoyed. I looked down at was she was holding and it was her piggy bank. I borrowed twenty dollars from her a few days ago without her knowing.

"What did you do with my money?!" She shakes the pig and only a few coins were in there. I shrug, she only grows with more anger. She was as red as a tomato, I try not to laugh but it's hard not to.

"I borrowed some." I reply and she sighs really loud, I couldn't take it anymore. I started laughing. Her angry look changed to a confused one.

"Why are you laughing?" She stands up straighter trying to be eye to eye with me, but she is so much shorter than me.

"You were as red as a tomato!" I say while laughing really hard. She frowns again and starts going back up the stairs. I won this battle and I'm proud.

Just as I was going to go up to my room, I heard something slam shut so I turned around. The noise came from outside, and I saw that it was the van down that was pulled down.

"Hey, Mom?" I fall out and go into the kitchen where she is. She takes off her oven mitts and looks at me. "Do you know who is moving in across the street?"

"I believe it is a man named Hopper and his daughter." I raise my eyebrows, surprised that she knew who.

"Oh, well, thanks for telling me; I'll be in my room." I point to upstairs, she nods and I turn to go.

My room has blue and white walls, it's also crowded with some of my favorite action figures. Like some Star Wars action figures and dinosaurs. Stuff like that, I find cool. Some people may think that it's nerdy but I think they are cool.

I sit on my bed and kick off my Nike shoes and throw my coat on my desk chair. I finally get to relax after a stressful day at school. Well, technically it wasn't stressful but it was tiring. I got an A+ on my Science test, Science is my favorite subject in school. My friends, Dustin, Lucas, and Will like Science too. We are all really good friends, we have been friends for a while now. I was in Kindergarten when I met them, I am now a freshman.

I closed my eyes and let out a loud sigh as I let my mind wonder.

Wait, hold on, Hopper and his daughter? Daughter? A girl? I wonder if she is my age? I hope so! That'd be cool. I don't know why I'm hoping that she's my age. I guess, I just want a friend that's a girl. I don't know.

Anyway...

I lay flat on my back on my bed and let out a loud exhale. I'm tired, I think I'll take a nap till dinner is ready.

With that I was out cold.

"Michael!" I wake up with a start, my mom calls me from downstairs. I rub my eyes and yawn. Getting out of bed from a nap wasn't easy, I was so tired.

"Coming!" I yell to my mom, making my way to the dining room. I hate having to sit with everyone during dinner, especially with my dad. All he talks about is tv and us. Meaning how we have to talk 'our age'. I mean, I love him, but he can be less annoying.

Once I finished my dinner, I went to my room again. It was 8:30pm, I decided to go to sleep. I really was tired. I brushed my teeth and changed into shorts, I didn't even bother to put on a shirt. As soon as my face hit my pillow, I was sleeping.

My alarm on my phone started ringing, I turned it off and flipped onto my back. I let out a loud sigh and sat up to get ready for school. I didn't really care what I wore to school, just as long as it was clean, it was fine.

I brushed my teeth and walked down to the table to eat breakfast. It wasn't technically breakfast, it was eggos. Eggos are good, I ate them every morning.

It was 7:45am, so I said bye to my parents then made my way outside to my bike. I looked across the street and saw a girl walking out of her house too. I think that's her, I smile at her and she smiles back.

She's pretty. She got in a car with who I am assuming is her dad. When he saw me, he glares at me. She has an overprotective dad. Great. Just, great...

I get on my bike and ride to school. School wasn't far from my house, it was like a five minute bike ride. So, getting there was fast.

I like to get to school early, I don't know why, I just do. My friends don't get there early, only I do. I put my bike in the bike wrack and walked inside the school.

When I walked in, the first thing I saw was her. She was standing by the office. She was wearing light blue jeans and a big, plaid flannel, with white converse. Her hair was short and cute, I have to admit that she looked pretty. Really pretty.

I walked to my locker and put my backpack in it. Quickly, I made my way to her. She looked at me and smiled.

"It's you." She told me while grabbing the schedule from the superintendent.

"It's you." I copied her and she laughed.

"Hi, I'm El." She stuck her hand out for me to shake, I shook it and smiled at her again.

"I'm Mike."

"It's nice to meet you, Mike."

"You too, El."

"What's you locker number?" I ask and she looks at her paper.

"Eleven, do you know where that is?" I nod and motion to her to follow me.

"It's right next to mine." I show her my locker which is twelve.

"Cool." She looks at her paper again. "Can you help me open it?" She shows me the combination and I open it, she thanks me and puts her backpack in it.

"What's your first class?" I ask.

"Uhm... " Glances down at her schedule. "Science."

"Me too, I can show you when class starts." She nods and smiles.

{Edit} Hello, Humans. I'm editing this story because I realized that it has a lot of grammar mistakes. So, anyway, as always thanks for reading, please vote and comment! Stay tuned for the next chapter...