Chapter 31 - New Years Eve Walk

Mikes POV:
About a week past and the two hours visits with El became just make out sessions. I missed just sitting with her and talking. But we only see each other for a limited amount of time. I want today to be different, I'm going to ask Hopper if El and I can spend today together. Just one day to ourselves. I doubt he'll say yes but I'm going to at least try.

I got dressed and walked over to his house and knocked. It was about 9:00am in the morning, so I assume that he would be up by now. He answers a few seconds later.

"Hopper, can we talk for a second." I ask him. He sighed but walks out of the house and stands in front of me.

"Make it quick." He crossed his arms over his chest and waited for me to talk.

"I was wondering if El and I can spent the day together If that is okay?" I ask.

"It's not okay." He says with no hesitation.

"Why isn't it not okay?"

"Because it isn't." He looks me straight in the eye.

"I'm sorry, sir, but I ask you to reconsider." I say.

"No."

"Why not?"

"Because you are too old for her." He almost yells.

"She turns fifteen next year, I am only a year older that her."

"Nope, you turn seventeen next year, you see my point?" He actually did make a point but I want him to say yes.

"I see your point sir but I—."

"You understand so there is no point to go on with this argument." He cuts me off.

"You have to understand that El and I love each other, and you can't do anything to break us apart." I say before he can turn to leave.

"Then what do you have planned for your little day with her?" He crosses his arms again.

"I was going to take her on a walk, then take her to lunch at Benny's, then walk around the town waiting for the New year to come." I say like I had this planned for days. He stayed quiet for a second then shot me a glare.

"Only today, and you don't see her tomorrow. But you can see the next." He glares at me again. I smile a little and nod.

"Thank you, sir." I say and he reluctantly nods. He opens the door again and calls to El. She comes down and smiles when she sees me.

"Hi, El." I say and she smiles bigger.

"Hi, Mike." She says back, Hopper is glaring at us watching this.

"I was wondering if you wanted to spend the day with me." Her smiles gets bigger, she looks at her dad for permission.

"Please, Dad?" She asks.

"Yes, but you don't see each other tomorrow, understand?" He says.

"Thank you, Dad." She says and he leaves.

"I'm just going to go change then I'll be right back, okay?" I nod and she leaves to go change. She comes back dressed in my sweater and her jeans, along with her Chuck Taylor's.

"Ready to go?" I ask and she nods.

"So, where to first?" She grabs my hand and leans her head on my shoulder.

"I was thinking that we can walk for a little bit." I say and she nods. We walked for three hours and it seems like only a half hour. We talked most of the time. We walked to Benny's and we ate there.