Chapter 16 - Confession

El's POV:
Will and I were walking over to the swings so I can talk to him, but he doesn't know that.

"So, how is your day going?" I ask him and he looks at me and shrugs. What else do I say? How do I start the conversation? "Will?" I ask quietly, still not looking up from my hands.

"Yes?" He looks at me even though I'm still staring at my hands, I can feel him looking at me.

"When Mike and I were telling you guys that were were dating, why were you quiet the whole time?" I just flat out said it, I couldn't beat around the bush to ask a simple question.

"It's nothing, I can't do anything about it now anyway." He sighs and moves his swing back and forth, with his feet still touching the ground.

"What do you mean?" I ask him, all of a sudden interested.

"It's not important." He sighed and and stopped swinging.

"Will, you can tell me." I try to get an answer out of him but he won't say anything.

"Nothing." He said sternly, his voice got low when he said that.

"Will, just tell me. Will, tell me please." I beg.

"I like you, okay?!" He spat, I mentally gasped and stopped swinging. Just as he said that, Dustin yelled something, so they wouldn't here Will say that.

"What?" I say breathily.

"See, I told you, I can't do anything about it now anyway." Will says quietly. Will likes me? How? I have short hair and I'm weird.

"It's fine, Will, I'm not mad at you or anything, just don't tell Mike, he'll throw a tantrum." I giggled and he chuckled.

"Thanks, El, you know, for not saying "
'ew'." He digs his feet into the dirt.

"Why would I say 'ew'?" I asked him, he gave me an 'are you kidding me' look.

"I'm short and I have a bowl cut." He looked me straight in the eye.

"Okay, for one, you are taller than me and I am five foot three inches, Second, I can fix your hair using some hair gel."

"You're five foot five inches?" Is that all he heard?

"Yes, but you can come over when we leave, and I can fix your hair." I tell him and he looks like he's thinking about it.

"Okay, I'll come over and you can do something with my hair." He gives in and I smile big, I lunge over to him and hug him. He almost fell off of the swing but he grabbed the chain before falling.

"Thank you, Will." He nods and I smile even bigger. I look over to the rest of my friends and they are dog piled on Dustin. Will and I laugh and run over to them. Will jumped on Lucas and I jumped onto him. Dustin groaned in pain an we all got off of him. We all fell and started laughing at our childish actions.

"Guys, I'm tired, I'm going to go home." Dustin sat up along with Max and Lucas.

"Bye!" They yelled in unison. The rest of us sat up and walked home. Well, Will walked with me to my house.

"Bye, Mike." I pecked his lips and walked with Will to my house. We walked in and I dragged him upstairs so my dad doesn't know.

"So, I already have an idea with what to do with your hair." He sat on my chair while I walked to my bathroom and got the hair gel. I also grabbed a comb so I can brush it up. "Okay, so sit back and relax and leave the master to her job." I chuckled and Will smiled. I grabbed the comb and had hair gel in my hand. I parted his hair on the right and fixed the rest. His hair looks really good right now. It looks like this.

"Okay, Willy Will, I'm done, here is the mirror

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

"Okay, Willy Will, I'm done, here is the mirror." I gave him a mirror and his eyes widened.

"Wow, El, I... I like it." He stuttered.

"Really?" I ask eagerly.

"Yeah, I like it."

"Good! Now, let's go shopping, you need some new clothes."

"El, you don't need to buy me clothes, the hair is enough, I don't want to spend your money."

"No, no, it's fine, I'm okay with it. It's my treat, now let's go it's only 4:30." I convinced him and he nodded. I squeal and drag him down stairs. "Okay, you drive." I toss him the keys and we drive to the mall. "Shirts first." We walk in and walk to the clothes. I found him a blue and red plaid flannel, red jeans, and a leather jacket. He found a pair of shoes that matched the outfit. He looked like this.

"Since you tried them on, do you think I should run you home now?" He nodded and I drove him home

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

"Since you tried them on, do you think I should run you home now?" He nodded and I drove him home.

"Thank you for everything. El, even when I told you that I liked you."

"I don't think you like me, Will, I think you want a girlfriend like me. Do you have any other crushes at school?" I ask him and he goes "hmm."

"I like two girls named Jane and Millie." He raises his eyebrows and looks at me.

"I'll bet they'll go crazy for you when they see you on Monday." He smiles and nods.

"Well, bye, El, see you later."

"Bye, Will, see you at school." We wave and I drive home. I hope someone takes an interest in Will. I don't want him to be alone...

*Time skip to Monday*

I took a shower, got dressed, did very little makeup, fixed my hair, ate breakfast, and was out the door at 7:45.

I saw Mike getting on his bike and riding over to my house.

"Mikey!" I say in a high voice, he smiles and pecks my lips.

"Ellie!" He says back and I laugh. He scoots over and lets me get on his bike. We rode to school and about twenty minutes later, that's when Will walked through the school doors. All of the girls eyes were on him and he looked down at the ground all shy. He had something in his hand and his hair was messed up.

I'm hungry. Thank you for reading, please vote and comment! Stay tuned for the next chapter...

𝐆𝐢𝐫𝐥𝐬 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐁𝐨𝐲𝐬 ~ 𝐌𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 ~जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें