Chapter 3 - Hanging Out

Mike's POV:
El is pretty cool. I like how she signed up to work with me in the library. I know it's too early to say I like her but, I think I do... We just have to wait and see how this turns out.

And as it turns out, she is really good at science. My kind of girl. I chuckled to myself.

We are walking to lunch, by 'we' I mean me, El, Dustin, Lucas, and Will. Lucas said he wants to introduce us to somebody. I think he means a girl.

We all sat down at a table, I was sitting across from El and I was next to Dustin. Will was sitting next to El. Lucas said he would be right back so he can go get his new friend.

"We should hang out after school or something." Dustin suggests.

"We should, I just need to ask my dad first." El tells Dustin, he smiles, showing his missing two front teeth. El thinks it's adorable that he doesn't have his front teeth yet. To be completely honest, that made me get a little jealous. I've only known her a day, actually, not even a whole day and I'm already jealous.

"Where do you live, El?" Will asks, she looks up from her phone and opens her mouth to talk.

"I live across from Mike." She looks at me and smiles.

"Okay, cool, now I won't have to remember where you live." He says, making her like giggle, then she goes back to texting her dad.

"He said sure, but he wants to meet all of you." El gives us an nervous smile.

"Okay, want us to come by after school?" El looks surprised at my answer.

"Really? You'll meet him?" She raises her eyebrows.

"Yeah, totally." Will answers for me, Dustin nods and El smiles.

"Cool." She smiled.

Lucas walks up to the table with a red haired girl. Yeah, I was right. It's a girl.

"Guys, this is Max." Lucas motions to the girl beside him. She smirks at us. She looks like she already hates us. Her smile looks fake and forced.

"Hi, Max." Dustin speaks up and sticks his hand out for her to shake. She slowly lifts her hand to shake his, she gives him a side smile. Dustin nervously laughs, causing the rest of us to laugh.

No one else says anything, then it gets awkward.

"So, Max, do you want to hang out with us after school?" El asks Max, who is currently trying to back away without any of us noticing.

"Uhm, I can't, my brother told me to come straight home to help him with something." Lucas's and Dustin's faces drop.

"Oh, maybe tomorrow?" El asks again. Lucas goes to sit by Will.

"Yeah, maybe." She shrugs, then leaves.

"Well, that wasn't awkward at all." I say sarcastically. They all nod and eat their lunch.

After my last two classes ended, school was finally over. My friends and I made our ways to our bikes, and when we got there, we saw El standing by them.

"Hey, El. Is your dad coming to pick you up?" I ask her and she shakes her head.

"He said to take the bus, but it already left." She replies with a sigh.

"You can ride with us." I suggest and she looks confused. "You can ride on the back of my bike." She nods and sits on the back of my bike. Lucas and Dustin are making kissy faces at me in the whole process. I flip them off and they all silently laugh harder.

The ride to her house was fun. Whenever there would be a little bump, which would cause the bike to jump a little; El would make her grip around my waist tighter. I didn't mind at all. I just smiled and continued riding my bike.

We got to her house and we all dropped our bikes on her lawn then walked to her front door. She opened the door with a key she had in her pocket. Her dad came walking to us, he stopped dead in his tracks and furrowed his eyebrows at us.

"Dad, these are my friends." She turned to us. "Mike, Dustin, Will, and Lucas." He crosses his arms and continues to look at us. He looks like he thinking about wether or not he should let her hang out with us.

"What are your last names?" El looks at us with an 'I'm sorry' look on her face.

"Wheeler, Sinclair, Byers, and Henderson." I tell him and he nods, he smiles slightly. That's a little creepy, but, okay.

"I know all of your parents, so sure, go ahead and hang out." We all give him confused looks and he shrugs. "But, if you hurt her in any way, I promise you that there will be consequences." We all nod fast, not wanting to disappoint him.

"How do you know all of their parents?" El asks him and he looks at us again.

"I went to school here with them all."

"Oh, can we go now?" He nods and turns to leave.

"Be home by 7:30!" He yells, walking into a room.

"Okay! Bye!" She leaves with us following behind.

"So, where do you want to go?" We stop and stand on the sidewalk.

"We can go to my house." I suggest and they all nod. We ran to my house and walked in trying not to make a noise so my sister or mom don't know we're here.

"Where are you going?" Nancy comes walking down the stairs.

"So close." I whisper and turn to her.

"Who's this?" Nancy looks at El.

"None of your business, Nancy." I grab El's arm, trying to leave Nancy, but it didn't work.

"Moms not here, so I'm in charge. Now, who is this?" I grunt and turn to her once again.

"Nancy, this is El, El, this is my sister, Nancy."

"Hi, El, are you Mikes girlfriend?" I stop breathing when I heard Nancy say that.

"No, she's just my friend!" I yell, causing them to flinch. El nods and looks at her.

"Oh, my mistake. Bye, Mike." Nancy smiles and turns to walk back upstairs. Why does she always have to embarrass me!?

"Sorry, El, let's go. Let's go, guys." I lead them downstairs to my basement.

"Woah, everything in here looks so old." I laugh and everyone starts to chuckle at her comment.

"Yeah, well, this a bunch of old stuff I like. I wish I was born in the 80s rather than the early 2000s."

"Me too, I'm obsessed with the 80s!" El squeals.

"We all love the 80s!!" Dustin yells at the top of his lungs. We all laugh until we hear Nancy yelling.

"Shut up, Dustin!" Nancy yells from upstairs.

"I love you, Nancy!" Dustin yells and I can here her laughing.

"Love you too, Dusty!" Nancy laughs and Dustin's jaw drops. We all laugh and talk for a little bit.

Does anyone have any music suggestions? I'm getting bored listening to my old music. Thanks for reading, please vote and comment! Anyway... stay tuned for the next chapter...