Chapter 27 - Christmas Eve And Caught Part 3

Mike's POV:
At least Hopper didn't almost kill me this time. He did as he said, we talked. We talked about mine and El's relationship.

"How long was she here?" He asked me.

"She got here about ten minutes after I left."
I replied.

"What did you guys do when she got here?" She clenched his fists.

"We only fell asleep on the couch, then we woke up to you banging on the door." I gulped.

"Are you telling the truth?" He unclenched his fists.

"Yes, sir."

"How long have you guys been together?"

"Three days after you guys moved here." He grunted.

"Do you really love her?" He asked looking down at his hands.

"I do, sir." I replied.

"When did you say that you loved her?"

"At the dance."

"You are sixteen right?"

"I just turned sixteen yesterday." He grunted again.

"You are too old for her."

"We are in the same class, I was held back a grade when I was younger."

"Why were you held back?"

"It was when my mom tried to homeschool me and she didn't have the time to give me the work, so I was behind on work. That is what caused me to be held back."

"What grades do you normally get?"

"A's in the main classes but I have a D in PE."

"So you're weak?"

"Not necessarily, I mean I can lift but I can't run."

"How do you feel about El?"

"What do mean?"

"Is she really important to you?"

"Of course she is, she means the world to me."

"Are you going to marry her?"

"I don't know, we are still really young, I haven't really thought about it."

"Are you going to hurt her?"

"No! I would never hurt her." I accidentally raise my voice.

"Okay, good talk."

"Will we be able to see each other?" He stood there thinking for a minute.

"Once a day for 2 hours and that's it." I smile and nod. "Bye."

"Bye, sir." With that, he left.

"Jesus." I mumble as I sit down on my couch. El and I getting married? El Wheeler. It has a good ring to it. Mike Hopper? Pfft nope. I'm not taking her last name. I like El Wheeler.

I smiled at the thought and I can only think about marrying El. Great, now Hopper has me thinking about marriage when I'm sixteen. If this actually works in the future, I'll for sure marry El.

I don't even think that she is thinking about marrying me. Now if she is... that's a different story.

Anyway, what are we going to do tomorrow for two hours? Movies? Games? Hanging out with the rest of the group? Wait. tomorrow is Christmas, maybe sometime in the afternoon she can come over? Maybe, if Hopper let's her.