Chapter 17 - Ditch

Mike's POV:
I hope the talk with El and Will went well. It's weird though, Will walked with El to her house. Did something bad happen? I hope not.

Anyway, when I went home, when I walked inside my house - Nancy was blaming me for something, like always. She said I took something of hers. Shoes, that what she said I took from her. Why would I take shoes from her? She is just dumb.

"Mike, give them back!" Nancy yells at me for her shoes.

"I don't have them! Let alone know what they look like!" I try to convince her I don't have them but she doesn't believe me.

"You took my white converse!" I started to run but she chased after me.

"You're such a douchebag, Mike!" She yells, still running after me.

"Language!" My dad yells.

"Get away from me, Nancy!" I try to get her off my tail but she wants those shoes back. I didn't even take them! Oh yeah... I did take them, for a Halloween costume. I stop running and turn around to face Nancy, she didn't stop running though.

"Uh!" I groan in pain, Nancy ran into me and I got tackled. "Nancy, get off me." I try to push her off but she won't get up. "Mom!" I yell. "Get off, Nancy!" I groan.

"I can't, I think I twisted my ankle." I try to push her off of me but I think I'm either too week or she weighs a lot. I'll go with, I'm weak because she is like twenty pounds. My mom and dad came running into the living room and my mom gasps while my dad just laughs.

"What happened?" My dad chuckles.

"She tackled me." I gasp out. He laughs more and my mom picks up Nancy off of me. I inhale and exhale. "I can breath!" I yell.

"Shut up, Mike, I'm not that heavy." Nancy rolls her eyes and glares at me. "Now, give me my shoes." Nancy crosses her arms and stares at me.

"They're in my room, I'll show you." She nods and I walk upstairs to give them to her. I open my closet and grab the converse, she grabs them out of my hands and leaves the room. "You're welcome." I mumble. I walk over to my bed and lay down. "I'm turning sixteen in four days, wow." I mumble to myself, I close my eyes and fall asleep.

*Time skip to Monday*

I woke up at 7:30! I woke up late! I jumped out of bed and ran to my shower. I stripped and got in. I quickly washed my hair and body, shut off the water and got dressed.

I wore black jeans, blue shirt and my Nike shoes. I decided to skip breakfast, I ran outside and got on my bike, El was just walking out of her house too.

"Mike!" El squeals.

"El!" I say just as enthusiastically as her. She laughed and got on my bike. We rode to school and walked in. About a couple minutes later, Will walked in and everyone was looking at him.

He was walking toward El, he had something in his hand too, and his hair is all messed up.

"Can we talk alone?" He walks up to El and whispers to her, she nods.

"I'll be right back, Mike." I nod and they walk off. What was that about? I ask myself. Whatever. I shrug it off and walk to class early.

"Hi, Mr Clarke!" I say once I walk in and see him writing the lesson down on the board.

"Hi, Mike." He stops writing to talk.

"What did I get on the volcano project?" I ask a little too eagerly.

"You already know you got an A+, Mike." He started to write some stuff on the board again.

"Is there anything that you'd correct me on to make it better?"