Chapter 24 - Snowball

El's POV:
I still can't believe that Mike kissed that girl. He kept saying that she kissed him, but I don't know if I want to believe him. I know that he wouldn't intentionally hurt me by kissing another girl. I just don't want to get hurt. 

I don't know why but, when he was 'bugging' this whole day, I actually kind of liked it. I liked him teasing me and all that. It made me all tingly inside for some reason.

Anyway, I gave him a second chance so he can prove himself. I wonder what he is going to do?

Right now, we are sitting in detention. Mr. Keery still hasn't came in yet. All of the a sudden the door was opened and hit the wall making a loud noise.

"You guys can leave now, apparently, I can't keep you after school if there is a dance." Mr. Keery says out of breath.

"Oh, okay, let's go." Mike gets up and motions for me to follow him.

"See you, Joe." I say and he smiles.

"That's Mr. Keery, to you." He laughs and we walk out.

"Want me to pick you up for the dance or do you just want to meet there?" He asks me.

"We can just meet there." I say and he nods.

"Have you realized that we have been skipping out on our library job?" He asks smiling.

"I forgot about that." I sigh.

"We don't have to work there today since the dance ." He says and that brings a smile to my face, I don't have to work and I don't have homework to do.

"That's cool." I smile and he nods.

"Want me to take you home on my bike?" He asks me.

"It's okay, my dad is pulling up right now."

"Oh. okay." I nod.

"Bye, Mike." We wave at each other and I get in my dads truck. "Hi, Dad." I shut the door.

"Hey, El, so you have been hanging out with that Wheeler boy a lot." He starts to drive.

"Yeah?" I ask not wanting to go on with this conversation.

"Is there... uh, something going on?" My eyes widen at his accusation.

"Pfft, no, no, no." I try to play it cool but I think I made him suspicious.

"Alright." He says in a high voice.

"Actually, he's taking me to the dance." I get quiet.

"What?"

"Tonight."

"What?"

"So I need to get a dress."

"What?"

"Please dad, the dance starts in four hours."

"What?"

"Stop saying what!" I start to get frustrated.

"Wha- I'm mean why am I just hearing about this?" He turns his attention back to the road.

"Well, he asked me about three or four days ago and it just wasn't the right time to tell you about it."

"And now is the right time? The day of the dance, where you get everything you need at the last minute?"

"Sorry dad, but... yeah, that's about right. Can we please go to the mall?"

"I'll think about it." He says.

"Daaaad...." I say annoyed.

"Fine, we'll go."

"Yes, thank you, Dad." I hug his arm and I pull away again.

*At the mall*

"Dad, I want this one!" I say excitingly and my dad walks over to me. It's a blue dress, and I'm going to wear my white converse with it.

"That looks good, now, let's go."He grabs the dress of the hanger and he buys it.

"Thank you." I say as I get in the truck.

"No problem."

"Can I go to Nancy's house so she can do my makeup and hair?" I ask shyly.

"Sure." I mentally cheer and my dad drops me off at Mikes house.

"Bye, Dad." I get out of the car and walk to the door. I knock a couple times and Nancy comes to the door.

"You're here for Mike?" She asks.

"Actually, no, I'm here to see you."

"For what?"

"I was wondering if you can fix my hair and do my makeup for the dance?"

"Oh, yeah, sure." She smiles and motions for me to come in. "Let's go to my room." I nod and walk up to her room. It looks like Mikes room but pink walls and a pink bed. "You can sit on my bed while I get my makeup." I sit on her bed when she brings over a huge makeup box.

She put on my makeup which is lip gloss and pink eyeshadow. She curled my hair a little bit and she was done.

"You're done." She smiled.

"Thank you so much, Nance." She nods and we walk downstairs, and my dad is standing there talking to Mike's mom.

"What are you doing here, Dad?" I ask.

"I wanted to see you all dressed up." He smiles. "You look good, El, want me to drive you to the gym?" I nod and we leave to get in the car, but before we left I thanked Nancy one last time. Then we left for the gym.

"Bye." I say again and walk into the gym.  The first person I see is Mr. Clarke, I talked to him for a little bit then walked into the actual gym.

I walk around the gym and I only find Will.

"Hey, Will."

"Hi, El, you came?"

"Yeah, I did, have you seen Mike?"

"Uh, yeah, I did, he's by Jonathan and Steve."

"Jonathan and Steve? Who are those people?"

"Oh, Jonathan is my older brother and Steve is Nancy's ex boyfriend, who is now our friend." I nod and he walks me over to where they are.

"Steve and Jonathan, this is El, our friend." Will introduces me to them.

"Hi, El." They say in unison.

"Hi." I wave my hand and I see Mike stand up from behind Steve. I thought he was going to say hi but he left into the crowd of people. "What happened?" I ask them, they just shrug and watch Mike. He walks onto the stage and tells the DJ something. The song "Every Breath You Take" comes on. Then Mike grabs the microphone. Oh, no, what is he going to do?

"Hey, sorry for interrupting but I have something to say. El, will you dance with me?" Mike asks and everyone looks at me. I blush and smile at him.

"Yes." I say, and Mike runs off the stage and runs to me. He grabs my hands and puts them on his shoulders. I smile bigger and so does he. Everyone dances with someone.

Mike and I start to dance and he looks me in the eye, all of a sudden looking serious.

"El?" He says quietly.

"Yes, Mike?"

"I love you." He says smoothly. Right as he said that, my heart just about stopped, and my jaw dropped a little. I look him in the eye and my stomach gets butterflies in it.

"I love you, too." I say and Mike smiles at me. He pulled me closer and closed the gap between our lips and crashed them together. He pulled away and stroked my cheek with his thumb.

"Did I mention that you look beautiful tonight?" He says.

"No, but thank you." He tucks a strand of hair behind my ear and I got the chills.

"Very beautiful." He whispers.

I have a headache. Blugh. Thank you for reading, please vote and comment! Stay tuned for the next chapter...