Chapter 4 - A Friend's House

El's POV:
Mike was pretty cool. His friends are, too, well, they are technically my friends, too!

Anyway, we were still at Mikes house, hanging out. I was talking with Will, he's quiet but when you talk to him, he's a cool person.

Mike was talking to Dustin and Lucas about trying out a new game. I think the game was called 'Super Smash Bros Ultimate'. It has a bunch of characters from all sorts of Nintendo games. It sounds fun, to be honest, I want to play. I like playing games. Well sometimes.. I never have a person to play with. But all of that is going to change now that I have four new friends.

We went upstairs to his room to play a few games on his xbox. His room was a typical guy room. His walls were blue and white, his bed was in the corner of the room. He had a bunch of toys and action figures. He had Star Wars toys and dinosaurs.

We had to keep taking turns since we decided to play 'Grand Theft Auto' and it's only one player. It was fun, though. I kept getting in trouble and getting arrested. I always ended up shooting or beating up people that smoked in the game. Dustin said I can have two extra turns since I die so quick.

Whenever Mike would play, he'd make himself invincible. I don't know how to do that, so I end up dying.

We changed the game and Dustin put in 'Mortal Combat'. I always chose to be Katana, and Mike would be a reptile of some sort. I don't remember the name of the character, but I would always end up losing; because, well, it's an uncultured swine against a pro.

"What time is it?" I ask Lucas and he pulls out his phone to check.

"It's 7:25 pm." My eyes widen, I stand up and put on my shoes while desperately looking for my jacket.

"I can't find my coat!" I say worrying. Mike gets up and walks to his closet. He pulls out a sweatshirt and tosses it to me. I put it on, Mike and I run downstairs.

"See you, Mike, thanks for the coat." I run out the door to my house.

"Bye, El!" I turn around while still running and I wave at him. He waves back and closes his door.

I try to open my door but it's locked, I decided to knock a few times. I heard nothing, no footsteps or tv noises.

I pulled out my phone to text my dad. I texted him 'Where are you dad?'. A few seconds later I got a reply from him. He said 'Sorry El but I have to stay at work a lot later, just stay at a friends house tonight. I'll be back tomorrow morning'."

The sound of a door opening from across the street made me look up; Dustin, Lucas, and Will were leaving Mike's house.

"Perks of having a Police Officer as a dad." I mumble to myself, I turn and walk back to Mike's house.

I guess I'll stay at his house... I lift my fist to knock on his door. I knocked a couple times and about 10 seconds later, his sister, Nancy, opened the door.

I opened my mouth to talk but she said something first.

"Mike! Your girlfriend is here!" She yells and I immediately start to blush. I can hear Mike running down the stairs and to the door.

"Go away, Nancy." Mike says in an annoyed tone. She leaves and makes her way to the living room.

"Hey, El, how come you came back?"

"My dad isn't home, he got called into work and he told me to stay at a friends house. So I'm wondering if I can stay here for the night?" I say quickly and Mike motions for me to come in.

"Yeah, you can, but we can't let my parents know." He whispers and grabs my arm, leading me to the basement.

"Why can't we let your parents know?" I sit down on his couch, he turns to me, looking ready to explain something.

"Are you serious? My mom and dad can't know that I'm letting you, a girl stay the night."

"Well, I know that, but I think that they would let me considering the circumstances." He sighs and runs his fingers through his hair.

"What circumstances?" He says with his eyes closed.

"That I have no where else to go, my dad has to work late." I explain to him, pointing out the obvious.

"Never mind, I just don't want to tell them. Especially my dad, he will want to give me 'The talk'." He does the quotation marks with his fingers.

"Okay." I give up and he sighs in relief.

"What now?" He sits on the couch next to me.

"Umm, where do I sleep?" He thinks for a moment and looks around the basement.

"I can make you a fort down here and give you a sleeping bag and a pillow?" I nod.

He grabs a blanket off the couch, two chairs and puts them by the table. He puts the two chairs about five feet away from each other and puts the blanket on top.

"Cool." I smile and walk over to the fort he made me.

"Now I'll go to my room and get the sleeping bag and pillow." I nod and he walks up to his room. Now that he is gone, I shall look around the basement.

There are more action figures on the shelves and some in boxes. I wonder if he is going to be getting rid of the ones in the boxes?

"Okay, here is the sleeping bag and pillow." He comes walking in with stuff. He lays the sleeping bag down under the fort and puts the pillow on it.

"Thank you." He nods and is about to walk up stairs before I call him back.

"Wait, does Nancy have anything I can borrow to wear tonight?" He turns to face me.

"I can't go in her room, but I might have some clothes that are small on me that you can wear."

"Please?" He nods and walks back up. I'm glad that he is doing this for me, but I'm not planning on telling my dad that I stayed by Mike instead some other person.

A couple minutes passed and I heard him coming back down with clothes in his hands.

"I found these, they'll probably fit you because they are really small." I'm not that small am I? He handed me a pair of grey sweats and a blue long sleeve shirt.

"You can change in the bathroom over there." He points to the bathroom and I walk to it. I walk in and change, I put his sweater back on because it cold down here and it's really comfortable...

I walked back out and Mike is sitting there on the couch reading a comic book.

"I didn't think anyone read comic books anymore." He looks up and chuckles.

"Well, I still do so there is still hope." I giggle and he stands up.

"Well, thank you again for letting me stay here an all."

"No problem." He responds and I smile.

"Want me to stay down here and sleep on the couch or want me to stay in my room?" He asks me, I know that it would be better if he stayed in his room but it is kind of creepy down here.

"Uh, can you stay down here, just till I fall asleep?"

"Yeah, want me to wake you up for school tomorrow, too?"

"Yeah, cool." He nods and grabs another blanket off of a shelf. I get in my fort and he lays on the couch.

"Oh yeah before I forget, when is your birthday?" I ask him and he looks at me.

"December twenty-first, what about you?"

"February nineteenth."

"Cool." He lays back down.

"Yeah."

"Good night, El."

"Night Mike."

With that we fell asleep.

My arms are so sore right now. My legs too. My stomach also. To top it off, I have a headache. Life's good. Anyway, thanks for reading, please vote and comment! Stay tuned for the next chapter...