Chapter 28 - Christmas

El's POV:
I wonder what Mike and my dad we're talking about? Well, I'll just ask him. I went downstairs and I see him watching TV.

"Dad?" I ask.

"Yes?" He turns off the TV and looks at me.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Sure."

"What were you and Mike talking about earlier?"

"Nothing, we were just talking."

"About?"

"You." He says blankly.

"Me? What about me?"

"And him, we were talking about you guys." He scratches the back of his head.

"What thing about us?" Why won't he tell me?

"I just... I just wanted to see if he was good enough for you."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"And is he good enough for me?"

"He seems like a good kid." He turns the TV back on.

"Will I be able to see him?" I ask hoping he'll say yes.

"Everyday, once a day, you can go over for 2 hours, I already told him about this arrangement."

"I can go by him tomorrow?" I ask nervously.

"Yes, but not before you open your presents." I smile big and run over to him. I hug him tight.

"Thank you, dad." I mumble into his shirt.

"You're welcome, El." He smiles and I walk to the kitchen. Should I make him dinner as a thank you? Yes! But what should I make? Spaghetti? Yeah, it's easy to make.

I finished making the spaghetti, and now I put some on two plates. One for me and one for my dad.

"Dad?" I call from the table.

"Yeah?"

"Can you come to the table for a second?" I set your plates down and sit down.

"Yeah." He walks in and stops at the chair. "Did you make this?" He asks smiling.

"Yeah, for the both of us."

"Thank you, El, is this just for letting you see Mike?" He sits down and grabs a fork.

"Nope, I was just hungry and thought that you might be hungry too so I made both of us dinner." I say in one breath.

"Well, thank you, El." He starts eating it, I do the same.

We both finished dinner and now I am in my room. I am laying in my bed, staring at the ceiling. I am tired and I don't know why. I should just go to sleep now, I'll be up early for Christmas! I fell asleep.

I woke up at 6:00 am, I scrambled out of bed and ran downstairs. There were a lot of presents under the tree. I decided to count them to see how many there were. There are fifteen presents under the tree, not counting the ones I got my dad.

"Dad!" I yelled at the top of my lungs.

"What?" He said sounding really tired.

"Get down here so we can open presents!" I heard him get up and walk downstairs.

"Let's make this quick." He sat down on the couch.

"Okay. here are your presents." I gave him 5 presents.