Chapter 6 - Stars And Volcanoes

Els POV:
The necklaces were so cool! It's like they were meant for us or something.

Mike was so cool about letting me use his clothes. His joggers fit me perfectly, but they still smelled new, his Gucci shirt too. But his "Thrasher" sweater smelled like him, I wonder if it was his favorite sweatshirt? I hope not, because I'm keeping this.

When we walked into the school, it was empty as usual. We are always the first ones there. I walked to my locker and I finally opened it without Mikes help!

I throw, and I mean throw my backpack in my locker. It made a loud noise, my math and science books in there. It made Mike jump. I laughed. As for him, he gently put his backpack in his locker and slammed his locker door shut. That made me jump. He then laughed.

"Okay, what do want to do now? We finished our homework?"He asks, making me think.

"Since neither of us ate breakfast, why don't we go eat?" He nods and we walk to the cafeteria.

For breakfast I had pancakes, bacon, and eggs. Mike had the same thing but instead of putting syrup on his pancakes, he put it on his eggs.

Pretty soon, students started filling up the table. Dustin, Will, Lucas, and Max sat by us. I know right! Max sat by us, after that awkward introduction, I'm surprised she bothered to even talk to us again.

Max sat next to me and she started up a conversation. I finally have a friend that is a girl!! I'm so happy! Not that having guy friends is bad, but you know what I mean.

"So, sorry about my leaving yesterday..." Max says and gets quiet at the end. It's weird because she doesn't sound or look like the shy type.

"Oh, it's okay, really it is. We just met, so it's cool." I say and she nods, eating her pancakes. This school has really good food for 'School Food'.

"So... do you want to do something after school?" She breaks the silence.

"Maybe this weekend, because I'm working at the library everyday after school." I take a bite of my bacon.

"Okay." It gets quiet again. The bell rings. Saved by the bell! I think which causes me to chuckle.

"Ready to go to Science, El?" Mike nudges my shoulder while we are walking down the hall to our lockers.

"Yep!" Mike smiles and unlocks his locker and grabs his Science book. I do the same and we skip off to class.

Mike and I get seats next to each other which are in the front of the class with Will, Dustin, and Lucas. Max sits in the back of the classroom.

"Class, we are going to be doing a project for the rest of the week, you guys are going to be making a volcano." Mr Clarke announces to the class. Everyone starts to talk but Mr. Clarke shuts them up.

"And! This will be done in groups of six, so go ahead and get started." I immediately look at my friends and I look at Max in the back, I motion to her to come over. She reluctantly gets up and walks over to us.

It's me, Mike, Dustin, Lucas, Will, and Max. Mr. Clarke let us put our desks together so we can put our Volcano in the middle.

"Okay so we need to get the supplies, Will and I will get them." Mike tells us and they walk over to the cabinet.

"Do you think we should stay out of the way?" Max asks me, I nod and giggle.

"They wouldn't want us to help and get in the way anyway." We both shrug and watch them build the volcano.

None of the groups finished theirs, but we still have the rest of the week, which is Thursday and Friday.

The rest of the day was uneventful, but we started reading a new book in English. It's called 'Fallen Angels'. I've read it before on my own and I'm pretty sure that Mike has, too.

It's about an eighteen year old guy named Richie Perry and he goes to war, The Vietnam War. It's basically a "Coming Of Age" book. It's a really good book though.

The end of the day came fast. Mike and I went to the library. He showed me how to sort the books and where to put them, it's pretty easy.

He let me sort the Romance Books while he does the Sci-fi books.

I got a text from my dad saying that he is sorry about last night and me having to sleep out. I said it's fine. But then he asked me where I stayed...

I decided to tell him the truth... but not the full truth. I said I stayed at the Wheelers, but I said I stayed by Nancy.

I told Mike and he said that he'd text his sister and tell him to cover for him if my dad asks them about me staying over.

I knew this would turn out bad! I wonder if my dad is going to ask his parents?! I hope not.

Let's just hope that Nancy agrees.

My dad said okay and that he trusts me. I think he is on to me though. I just need to take a deep breath and calm down.

Mike didn't have to give me a ride home, my dad came to pick me up.

I said bye to Mike and got in my dads truck.

"So, how is working at the Library?" My dad asks.

"It's really good actually."

"It's not because of that Wheeler kid is it?" He says in a stern voice.

"No, Dad, you know I like to read and clean. That's what I do there, but I sort books, too."

"Okay, I just don't want you looking for boyfriends, you're too young yet." I scoff and glare at him playfully.

"I'm fourteen, Dad, and I'm in high school."

"Too young, sorry." We start to laugh and pretty soon we get to our house. As I was getting out of the car, I see Mike just now walking inside his house. I wave and he waves back.

My dad picks me up like a baby and carries me to the door.

"Too young for boyfriends." We walk in.

"Daaaaaaaad." I say annoyed, he just laughs and goes to the kitchen to cook dinner.

I walk up to my room and look out my window to see Mike reading something. I climb out my window and sit on my roof, I lay down and look at the stars. It was already dark out since it's winter.

I look across the street at Mikes house and see Mike look over at me. He opens his window and climbs onto his room too.

We both wave at each other and laugh.

"Hey, El!" Mike yells but not loud enough for the whole neighborhood to hear.

"Hi, Mike!" I yell back.

We both lay down and just look at the stars. I start to play with my eleven necklace.

Hello, Potatoes. Thank you for reading, please vote and comment! Stay tuned for the next chapter...