Chapter 9 - Sledding

Mikes POV:
I can't believe that El likes me! I got so close to kissing her too... but Dustin just had to go and interrupt our moment. Kissing her in the library probably wasn't the best idea anyway.

But I just wish that I kissed her. I started liking her 2 days after she got here so 2 days ago.

I'm glad she likes me. I'm just so happy right now. Never has that ever happened in my entire life. No girl has ever liked me. Especially the ones I liked. They either thought that I was too nerdy or just weird. But El doesn't think any of those about me. She probably thinks I'm nerdy but in a good way.

At least we're going sledding! Sledding is the best thing to do when it is snowing. It is so fun and... well fun! El and I locked up the library and left.

"Okay, we are going to sled down the church hill. It's steep but not too steep so it's perfect!" Dustin exclaims while we are getting into Lucas's car. Lucas is sixteen so it's legal and stuff.

"I actually have never been sledding before." El says and we all give her confused looks.

"What?!" We all say in unison causing El to look worried, but a funny kind of worried.

"Yep, I've never been sledding." She states again causing all of us to look at her weird. She starts to laugh and pretty soon the rest of us do too.

"Okay, so the sleds are in the trunk and there are extra gloves, coats, and hats back there also." Will says and rolls down his window. He sticks his head out the window and screams, "I love the snow!"

We all laughed and he came back in, rolling up the window with a pink face. Was it really that cold? I pulled out my phone to check the temperature. It's 9°F!!

"Guys it's 9° out!!" Lucas looks in the rear view mirror and says "What?!" I nod and everyone's jaw drops.

"Let's hope we don't get frostbite." Max tells us while picking a song to play. We chuckle and talk to one another. I look down at El's lap and her hands were shaking, they are pink too.

I put my hand on hers and they stopped shaking almost instantaneously. El looks at me and smiles, then lays her head on my shoulder.

"Awww." Dustin says and touches his heart and pretends to wipe tears from his face.

"Shut up, Dustin." I chuckle. I look at Will and he is shaking his head, leaning on the window. Does Will like El? I hope not... El is mine now. Well, I hope she is.

"We have reached our destination children." Lucas says, imitating Frank Sinatra's voice. We get out and immediately go to the trunk to get gloves and hats.

Lucas and Dustin grabbed the sleds and puts them at the top of the hill, ready for us to use.
We finished putting on extra layers and we made our ways to the sleds.

"Okay, so, two people per sled." Lucas announces and we look at each other.

"I call with Lucas." Max says quickly.

"I call Mike." El says after Max. I smirk and walk to our sled. .

Will and Dustin grunt in dissatisfaction. They both get on the sled, pushing each other mumbling things.

I sat behind El so I can hold her and steer at the same time.

Lucas and Max went first. They went down pretty fast, the snow flattens when you go down so no wonder they went fast.

Will and Dustin went down fighting. On the way down, Will pushed Dustin off and he tumbled down the hill. Will was laughing the whole time, Dustin landed in a big pile of snow, now he is completely white from snow.

El started laughing.

"Ready to go?" I asked her, she took a deep breath.

"I'm ready!" I picked up my feet which was stopping us from going. We started to move and El screamed out of happiness.

"Wooooo!" We were going down the hill and she was screaming. I was laughing the while time. El was squeezing my hand tight.

We finally stopped and landed in snow. El was laughing and she threw snow at me. I grabbed a lot of snow and threw it at her.

"You're on!" Everyone else joined in and we ended having a snowball fight. We all got tired and El got a call from her dad.

"Hi, Dad." El tells him on the phone. "I'm with a couple of friends, we went sledding." She nodded and bit her lip.  "We are at the church hill." She spun around and plopped into the snow. "Yeah I'll be back by 7. Okay, bye." She hung up and put her phone in her pocket. "Okay, what are we going to do for the next hour?" She asks us and Dustin immediately opens his mouth to talk.

"Let's go to Bennys and eat." We chuckle and El nods.

"Yeah, it's getting cold out, let's go." El runs to the car and jumps in. The rest of us get in and Max turns up the heat all the way. We all sigh in relief of being warm.

"Music!" Will yells causing a few of us to jump. Lucas handed him the aux cord so he can play music. "Seven Nation Army" comes on and I immediately start to head bang to it.

"Turn down the heat, it's getting hot in here!" Dustin yells. He rolls down the window letting some cold air in. We immediately cool down and feel better.

We finally arrived at Benny's and we went inside, but first we took off all of our layers and went in in regular clothes.

Anyway, we went in and I saw that El still had my sweatshirt on. I smiled and opened the door for everybody. El went in last and she smiled at me.

We found a table to sit at and a waiter came over to take our order.

"Welcome to Benny's, my name is Noah, may I take your order?" We looked at each other because Noah looks a lot like Will. Will looked confused, but he ordered food.

"I'll have a burger and fries?" Dustin asks and Will, Max, Lucas, El, and I gave our order.

"Any milkshakes?" He asks writing our orders down.

"Chocolate!" Dustin orders and so does Will and Lucas say.

"Strawberry." Max says.

"Vanilla." El and I say in unison. We look at each other and smile.

"Okay, I will be back with you order in twenty minutes." We nod and talk to one another.

I'm going on a hike to pick berries. What are you doing today? Thanks you for reading, please vote and comment! Stay tuned for the next chapter...