Chapter 2 - Meeting Him

El's POV:
My dad and I were pulling into the driveway of our new house. The house looks big, I hope my room is big.

I got out of my dads truck and pulled the aux cord out of my phone.

As I was about to shut the door, I saw a boy walking in a house across from me. He had black hair and all he wore was black, from what I've seen at least. But he looks cute...

What am I saying?! I haven't even met him! Yet... I hope we are in the same class, that would be cool. He looked about my age.

But, right now, I need to unpack and get my stuff ready for school.

"El!" My dad yells at me, breaking me out of my thoughts.

"What?" I look at him and he's about to drop a box. I mentally slap my self for not paying attention, I lunge toward my dad and grab the box that's about to fall off the box he is holding. It was light so I had no problem carrying it.

We finally finished unpacking, my dad is hooking up the TV so I can watch Netflix. We got here around 3:30 pm and it is now 9:00 pm. I already finished decorating my room and putting my bath stuff in my own bathroom.

So, I had nothing else to do, my dad said that he'd do the rest so I can just sit and relax. I decided to make myself some eggos, because, why not? It's quick and easy to make.

I went to the kitchen and put some in the toaster.

My mind wondered to the boy I saw this afternoon. I wonder if he goes to the same school as me? I think there's only one school in this place, so it's a very good chance that he will. Oh, great. What if he's homeschooled?

No! Stop thinking negative thoughts!

The eggos popped up and scared the shit out of me.

After having a mini heart attack, I grabbed a little plate off the shelf and set the hot eggos on the plate. I went up to my room, and ate them.

Pretty soon, I feel asleep.

I woke up around 7:30 am so I got dressed and ate the eggos my dad made for me. I finished them fast and my dad drove me to school.

The school said "Hawkins High," it definitely had a ring to the name. I'm glad my dad took me to school early so I wouldn't have to walk in and have everyone look at me.

"Bye, El, have a good day." My dad waved to me and drove off. Slowly, I made my way into school. The office wasn't hard to find, considering that it was right in front of you when you'd walk in.

The lady gave me the schedule, to my left I saw someone walk in. I turned a little, trying not to me too obvious about looking at them.

My heart skipped a beat when I realized who it was.

It was the boy again! He wore lighter colors today, not just black. To be honest, he looked pretty good.

I smiled and it looked like he blushed. After he put his backpack in his locker, he walked over to me.

"It's you." I smiled and he gave me a side smile.

"It's you." He copied, I laughed.

"I'm El." I stuck my hand out to shake, he took it and shook it.

"I'm Mike."

"Nice to meet you, Mike."

"You too, El."

"What's your locker number?" I look down at my schedule and it says eleven.

"Eleven, do you know where that is?" He nods and motions to me to follow him, I follow.

"It's right next to mine." He shows me his locker which is number twelve.

"Cool." I look at my paper again. "Can you help me open it?" I show him the combination and he opens it on the first try. I thank him and put my backpack in and shut my locker.

"What's you first class?" He asks me, I look at my schedule again.

"Uhm..." I glance down at the schedule. "Science." I answer and he smiles, why is he smiling?

"Me too, I can show you when class starts." I smile, now I know why he is smiling. "I can show you around the school right now if you want?" He offers and I nod. We start to walk down the hall and he first shows me the posters he made. He said that Science is his favorite subject in school. I like Science too, it's my favorite.

His posters were cool, they were very detailed and neat.

"This is the cafeteria." He points at the tables and it's pretty clean.

He showed me basically everything, then he walked out the door and I slowly follow.

"This is the library, it's where I volunteer every school day." I wander if my dad will let me work here? He doesn't have to know that I'll be here with him.

He showed me around the library and some of his favorite books. He likes sci-fi. We are different when it comes to books, I like romance and he likes sci-fi.

Anyway, he said he works from the end of school to 7pm. That's not long, I'd like to work here. I like to read and write, and I like to clean... I think I have OCD. Well, I probably don't. But it's a pretty good possibility.

"I think I want to work here too." I tell him and he quickly turns to me.

"You should!" He says fast. Does he want me to work here? I hope so!

"Really?" He nods and he grabs a sheet from the front desk.

"If you want to work here, here is the signup sheet." I grab it and he gives me a pen, I write down my name and age, and also wrote down the hours I'll be able to work.

"Okay, I work here now!" I exclaim and he smiles at me. Mike checks his phone and his eyes widen.

"What's wrong?" He looks up from his phone and shows me the time. It's 8:25! We have 5 minutes till class starts!

We run out of the library and to our lockers. He grabs two pencils from his locker and gives one to me, he grabs my hand and we run to Science. We got to class right when the bell rang. We both sigh in relief.

"Well, who's this, Mike?" The teacher asks him.

"Uh, Mr Clarke, this is El." The whole class looks at me and I blush with embarrassment.

"Hello, El. Everyone, say Hi." I mentally grunt and the class groans in response. I smile and wave nervously and Mike pushes me to an empty desk, then sits beside me.

"Class, we are going to be learning about 'Homozygous' and 'Heterozygous'." Mr. Clarke announces as he gives me a thick Science book.

Thanks For Reading, Please Vote And Comment! I added some random details to make the chapter at least a little longer, I realized that the chapters in my older books are short. And if you read my newer books you know that they are about two thousand words long. So, yeah... stay tuned for the next chapter...