Chapter 8 - I Thought

El's POV:
That close... that close to kissing Mike. I already kind of knew that he wasn't going to kiss me, I heard him grab a fist full of snow beside my head. So I broke out my trance and started laughing after he dumped snow on me.

We stood up and I saw Max, so I ran over to her. We need to bond more is why, I'm talking to the boys more than her. So, why not?

"Hey, Max." I run up to her, she looks at me and smiles.

"Hey." She says and we keep walking to the doors.

"Was that Mike you were with? Why are covered in snow?" Max all of a sudden asks.

"Uh, yeah, I was with Mike and we were just having a snowball fight." She nods and we walk to our lockers. The bell rings, signaling that we have to go to class now.

"Hi." Will leans on the locker beside mine which is Mike's. Mike must've went to class already.

I thought Will was shy, but he must've warmed up to me. Oh, I hope he did, I think we can be really good friends!

"Hey, Will, how you doing?" He shrugs and smiles at me.

"I'm okay, you good?" I nod and we walk to class. "Okay, let me tell you what happened today just like twenty seconds ago." I look at him and nod for him to continue.

"Okay, so, this guy, his name is Jacob. He is usually the one that bullies me and calls me Zombie Boy."

"I'm sorry." He nods and continues with the story.

"And he pinned me up against the lockers, as usual, he called me names and I just stood there staring at him. He asked me what I was looking at so I answered him."

"And?" I ask impatiently.

"I said, 'I'm looking at the reason why double doors were invented'." He smiled and I started laughing hard. I got to the point where I couldn't breath while laughing.

We walked into science class and we were still laughing. I saw Mike there ready to keep building the volcano, I eventually calmed down and the boys let us do something on the volcano.

"You girls, can paint the volcano, while we brew the lava for it." Dustin says and we nod, he walks over to the cabinet and grabs the paint.

"So, the colors we need will be brown, gray, green, and red." Max reads off the paper and I pick out the paints that Dustin brought to us.

I grabbed the paint brushes and we started painting. We finished painting when the boys finished making the lava.

"Mr. Clarke, we finished!" Mike told Mr Clarke. We lined up by our volcano and he came over to look at it. We were the first ones to finish.

"Wow, I've got to say that this looks perfect." My group smiled while the rest of the class was looking jealous.

"Thank you, Mr. Clarke, we all worked hard on it." Mike looked at all of us then back at him.

"Okay, I guess we can put this on the table at the front of the class and see if it erupts." I immediately got nervous. What if it doesn't work?

Mike picked it up and put it one the other table.

"Class, everyone watch to see if this volcano works!" The teacher tries to get everyone hyped up. Everyone got up and walked over to it. Lucas poured it in and poured in the rubbing alcohol to make it fizz up and erupt.

I closed my eyes but opened one, it started to fizz up and it erupted! In fact, it blew up and some of the lava splashed some of the students.

They all clapped and Mr. Clarke had a huge smile in his face.

"Well done! You guys get A's!" We smiled and walked back to our desks to talk.

Class ended and so did the rest of the day, Mike and I walked over to the library I'm complete silence, he walked a little ahead of me. Come to think of it, he hasn't talked to me this whole day.

"Mike, are you okay?" I ask, breaking the silence.

"I'm okay." He said plainly, we talked to each other this morning, what did I do?

"You don't seem okay, what's wrong?" I ask and he sighs. He opened the door and walked straight in. He usually lets me go in first, he opens the door for me. What's going on?

I jog up to him and grab his hand.

"Mike, what's wrong?" I ask sternly, he looks at me and pulls his hand away.

"Nothing is wrong." He doesn't make eye contact with me.

"What did I do wrong? Tell me. You aren't talking to me and aren't even looking me. I must've done something wrong." I assume and he rolls his eyes while letting out a frustrated sigh.

"Do you like Will?" He finally makes eye contact and I find myself not being able to look at him after he asked that.

"What?" I don't know what else to say.

"Do you like Will? Yes or no?"

"No, why would you assume that?" I look back up at him.

"I-I saw you with him, laughing and you were basically holding onto him."

"Mike, he just told me a joke, you don't need to get all worked up about it. Why were you all worked up about it?" I ask him and he looks away.

"I thought you liked him." He trails off and I raise my eyebrows.

"You thought I liked Will?" He nods. "I like him as a friend, but nothing more." He nods again still not looking at me. "Besides, I like someone else." That caught his attention, he looked straight at me.

"Who?" He asks quickly.

"Well, he has black hair, he's tall, bit of a nerd but in a good way, and handsome." He furrows his eyebrows looking confused.

"Who?" He asks again.

"I'll give you a hint, he works in the library with me." He smiles, now he knows who I'm talking about.

"Me?" He asks quietly.

"Yes, you." I got butterflies in my stomach when he looked at me straight in the eyes.

"Give me hints about who you like." I say.

"You." I thought he was going to give me hints! But he likes me! Aahh I'm so happy!

"Me?" I smile big, he nods. He grabs my hand and leads me to the back of a lot of book shelves. It's empty back here. "Is this where you are going to kill me?" I ask jokingly and he looks at me.

"No." He smiles and laughs. I stand against the wall with him in front of me. "I want to try something." He pushes me closer to the wall, gently. He lifts my head up with his hand and looks at me smiling.

His brings his other hand to my waist. My heart rate starts to pick up and so does my breathing but I try not to show it.

He leans closer and so do I. Closer and closer then...

"El, Mike!" Someone yells from the front of the library.

"So close..." Mike whimpers. I smile and kiss his cheek.

We walk to the person and see that it's Dustin.

"Oooh, were you guys kissing?" Dustin makes kiss noises and a kissy face.

"Shut up, Dustin." Mike chuckles.

"We were wandering if you guys wanted to ditch the library and go sledding." Mike and I look at each other and nod.

Water is so good. It's my addiction. :) Thank you for reading, please vote and comment! Stay tuned for the next chapter...