9) Memory

Samantha POV

''This is fun.'' I say while laughing. I am sitting on Toshiie's back, while he is doing push up. We are right now at the Toyotomi castle. After the accident at papa's village, has the supreme commander decided to let me move from castle to castle, so that the Black Eclipse won't find me (Their logo on the cover). First stop is the Toyotomi castle, and they have been really nice to me. I have only been here for about two days, but I have so much fun, though I miss papa.

''How did this even happen?'' Ask Hanbee at the porch, watching Toshiie train with me on top of him. Toshiie stopped and raise up, but took a hold of my legs so that I won't fall.

''She saw me training and thought it might be funny if she sat on me, while doing push ups. It did make it fun, but also a good training for my arms by having extra weight.'' Explain Toshiie and walk over to Hanbee.

''Do you say I am heavy.'' I complained and punch as hard as I could on Toshiie's head, but lets be honest, it didn't hurt at all.

''Hey, hey. No punching here young lady.'' Joked Toshiie and place me down on the ground. Hanbee wave me over to him, just so that he can make me sit on his lap. 

''Now, now Toshiie. This is how you lecture a child.'' Before I could do anything, start Hanbee tickling me and I couldn't get out of his grip.

''Ha ha ha, stop it, haha, Hanbee. I, haha, give up, ha ha.'' Hanbee didn't listen to me and just continue tickling me. I kick my legs and laugh so hard that my stomach starts getting hurt.

''Hanbee, I think she had enough.'' Hanbee stopped and we all look at Kanbee. Yuzuki is with him.

''Thanks, Kanbee.'' I exhaled and trying to catch my breath. I slurped down between Hanbee's leg and now sit on the ground. 

''Aw, and we were just having fun.'' Whined Hanbee, but I could hear the joking tone in his voice. I couldn't blame him, it was fun until it got interrupted. All that has happen now is like being home. Drake-nii-san would play with me. Doryo would read and teach me stuff. Jiao-Long teach me about the nature and it's beauty in healing and poison. And then there is Mirage-nee-san. She would always play and show me how to use weapon. Mama always make sure that I would have normal childhood, like any other child would have. Except for the dragon powers in me and my clan.

''Well, it is dinner time and Samantha shall nap afterwards.'' Informed Yuzuki.

''NOoo. I don't wanna nap. I am a big girl and big girls don't need na*yawn*p.'' Damn my tiredness. The others chuckle a little at me. Toshiie pick me up and we walk together to the main hall to eat dinner.

''Do you wanna have you mom to know you skipped your napping schedule?'' Ask Yuzuki.

''She is not here, so I don't care.'' I complained back, but I got a little tired, so I lean on Toshiie's shoulder.

*Time skip*

Dream

''Mama, what was papa like?'' I asked and look up at my mother. She turn her gaze away from the food she is preparing and look down at me.

''Your papa was the leader of this clan, but he went on a special mission only he could do

''Your papa was the leader of this clan, but he went on a special mission only he could do. Papa is sweet, caring, sometime childish, and he would always think about other before himself. And now he is missing, but he is always in our heart. He is probably out there, thinking about you right now.'' Says mama and pat my head. 

I was four years old when I asked for my father and what he was like. I missed him dearly. 

''What about my hair? Yours is black, and papa's is ocean blue, so why is mine white and red?'' I pulled my pigtails to show her.

''That is because you were born under the moon, on our one hundred Moon Festival Anniversary. And the blood red color represent our blood line as a Khuzaimah clan.'' Tells mama and stroke a piece of my hair. 

''It's just weird to be the only one with these color hair.'' I complained and lean on mama's chest. Mama chuckle and lift me up.

''Don't be. It just make you special, and you are a special person.'' Mama remove the pan from the fire and let the meal cool down a little. She then walk over to one of the cabin, with me in her arms, and reach for the very top. Then pull out a little doll.

''Is that yours, mama?'' I ask and look at the doll.

''When you dad went on that mission, did I miss him, so I make this doll to remember how he looked like.'' Mama gave me the doll and I have a look at it. It has short spiky ocean blue hair. It wears a short white kimono with a dragon scaled imprint on it. Black pants and doesn't wear shoes, though it has leather gloves. I keep staring at it's blood red eyes like mine.

''Is this what papa look like?'' I ask but without looking at mama.

''Yes deary. Keep it and you will know that papa is always with you.''

End of dream

I open my eyes and meet the red eyes from the doll. I sit up and look at the window. It's afternoon. Chilla lay beside me, still sleeping.

''Chilla, wake up.'' I push lightly at my goofy dragon, but he doesn't wake up. My door open up, and Hideyoshi stands there, smiling at me.

''Good, you are awake. Do you wanna come with us to the lake. Tonight's dinner is fish, so we are going to catch some.'' Says Hideyoshi and reach his hand to me. It would be fun catching fish. I stand up and fix my messy pigtails, then taking Hideyoshi's hand and together walk over to the stable.

''You have tried riding a horse, right?'' I nodded. Hideyoshi helped me up to Hanbee's horse, so I could ride with him, while Yuzuki is riding with Hideyoshi. Mitsunari and Kanbee will stay at the castle. Hanbee notice the doll in my hands.

''Who is that doll suppose to look like?'' Ask Hanbee nicely.

''It's suppose to be papa, my real papa. He went on a big mission right after I was born. Mama made this doll to remember him.'' I explain and lift up my doll so that Hanbee can better see it.

''Do you know his real name?'' Ask Toshiie, also notice the doll. My eyes widen at that question.

''I never asked mama. How could I forget to ask for papa's name?'' I slowly start crying, with tears coming out.

''No, no, don't cry. It's okay to call one papa. You are still a child and probable won't remember his name that well.'' Try Toshiie to cheer me up. He is right. I would have forget his name anyway cause I am so little, but that doesn't mean that I don't even know it or haven't asked before for it. 

''Well, let's not talk about that and focus on fishing.'' Interrupted Hideyoshi and step off his horse.

''Right.'' I dry my tears and jump into Hideyoshi's open arms. He catch me with ease and walk over to the big lake. ''Fish.'' I exclaimed and see a bunch of fish swimming.

''Shh. Don't scare the fishes away, Sam.'' Scolded Hideyoshi, with some joking tone in his voice.

''Sorry.'' I whispered. Then the day went on with Yuzuki teaching me how to fish, while the others catches fish after fish. ''This one is a fighter.''

''Go easy, easy... Pull.'' Instructed Yuzuki and help me pull the rod. We pull so hard that we fall on our butts, but hanging on the string is a semi large fish.

''I caught a fish. My very first fish.'' I cheered and show the fish to the other three. As for what happen after that, then let's just say that I ran when the fish moved after minutes out of the water. Scary.