15) Attack

3rd POV

It's morning and Samantha never let go of her doll, that looks like her real papa. She was scared she lost it last night, so she doesn't let go of it. Masamune noticed it and took the opportunity while eating breakfast to ask about her father.

''Samantha. Who does your doll look like?'' Ask Masamune carefully. 

''My real papa, but he went on a big mission before I was born. We have never got any words from him, but mama says he will return when he can return, so the doll is just to remember how he looks like.'' Answered Samantha kindly with a smile.

''And he is like Shingen?'' Ask Masamune further.

''Mama said how he was like, and Shingen has the same personality as him.'' Chilla look at her with sad eyes before continue eating the vegetable that Samantha push aside.

''Oi, Sammy. You need to eat your vegetable and not Chilla.'' Scolded Kojuro like a parent to it's child.

''But I don't wanna.'' Whined Samantha back and back off from Kojuro. Shigezane come from behind her and hold her tight in a hug.

''If you wanna be big, then eat your vegetable, Sammy.'' Says Shigezane and look at Kojuro. Masamune sighed at this while Kojuro scoop over with her plate of left overs.

''Say ah.'' Samantha shake her head and keep her mouth shut. Chilla shake his head, then jump on her shoulder and use his tail to tickle her neck.

''Sto-Stop Chilla.'' With her mouth open, took Kojuro the opportunity to put some vegetable in her mouth. Before they could make her take one more bite, and explosion happen just outside the castle, shaking the hole building.

''We are under attack.'' Shouts a soldier outside. Samantha gets a little scared and hug into Shigezane's arm.

''Shigezane, you stay with Samantha and get ready to evacuate to Oda.'' Commanded Masamune and run out with Kojuro.

''Let's get going.'' Shigezane smile to calm Samantha. To be faster, carry Shigezane Samantha with Chilla on her shoulder. There is chaos everywhere. There is no doubt that is the Black Eclipse attacking. They manage to get to the horses, but someone stop there way. An intruder.

''Target found.'' This time is it a male and the same women that attack when Samantha was in Toyotomi's care. Shigezane let go of Samantha and take out his sword.

''Long time no see, brat.'' Says the women, Amethyst. 

''Scary women.'' Mumble Samantha and hide behind Shigezane.

''You think I am scary, that's good to hear.'' Joked Amethyst and smirked. The male make the first move, which Shigezane blocked, but the just continue with more that Shigezane can't follow. Amethyst took action and got through with a big slice over Shigezane's chest. It's not deep, but still bleeding. ''How boring.''

''Shigezane.'' Called Samantha and see the Date general fall.

''Now we got you, brat.'' Amethyst walk closer with hand stretch out, but a staff from a spear knock her hand away. ''What the?''

''I will not let you do anything to her.'' Samantha look at the new intruder, but it is one she know.

''Mirage-nee-san.'' Cheered Samantha happily. Mirage swing her spear and make some distance.

 Mirage swing her spear and make some distance

''Shigezane.'' Samantha look behind her and see Masamune and Kojuro running towards them. They both stand beside Mirage. Samantha took the change and heal Shigezane's wound. 

''Leave these two to me. You need to guard your friend and Sammy-chan.'' Says Mirage and lift her spear. It start glowing and change shape into double katana. Mirage jump right at the Black Eclipse member with elegance. No movement is wasted while reflecting and attacking the two enemy.

''Who is this person?'' Ask Kojuro and help Shigezane to sit up. Samantha has already healed the wound.

''That is Mirage-nee-san. Our weapon specialist, which is her inner powers, being able to switch weapon in the open air.'' Explain Samantha. Mirage change weapon to two big shurikens and trow them. The two enemy tried to dodge, but the male got hit on his arm and Amethyst got a slash on her leg. Amethyst tried stabbing Mirage now that she is unarmed, but she twist her body and grab the sword bare handed. Mirage punch Amethyst arm on it's weak spot, breaking it in progress. Amethyst hissed in pain and jump back. 

''Tch. Retreat.'' Mumble Amethyst to her partner and trow a smoke bomb. Mirage take a deep breath and her weapons disappeared. Samantha smile and run over to her and hug her leg, tight.

''Mirage-nee-san. I missed you, good to see you are alright after all this time. I was scared something happen to you even though I have seen Drake-nii-san in good shape.'' Mirage look at her and smile softly.

''Why are you here?'' Ask Masamune and go right to the point.

''I talked with Drake and decided to come here and see Sammy-chan. When I arrived last night, did I see a figure running away and knew right away you got spotted, so I stayed near by .'' Told Mirage emotionless. 

''Have you seen mama?'' Ask Samantha worried for her mother.

''No, but she is our leader, she should be fine.'' Samantha nodded sadly and lean her head at Mirage's hip. Masamune look at Mirage and then remember the doll. Maybe he could get some answer from Mirage.

''I thank you for your help, please stay here for a while.'' Mirage look at the supreme commander, but nodded. At the afternoon, feel Samantha tired. Probably for using her powers to heal, so Kojuro took her to his room and guard her.

''You wanna ask me something, go ahead.'' Says Mirage with a serious look and drink the tea she got served. Masamune is surprised, but kept his impression.

''Who was Samantha's father? Where is he and does he have something to do with the Khuzaimah treasure?'' Ask Masamune. Mirage didn't say anything for a minut or two.

''Lord Tatsuya actually disappeared after Sammy-chan's birth. We asked Lady Tatsuo, but she only told us he went on a mission to make a better future for Sammy-chan. That is all we know. If you wanna know more, is Lady Tatsuo the one you should ask, but she doesn't like to talk about it, so good luck getting information out of her.'' Informed Mirage like it's nothing and stand up. ''Thanks for the tea. I will be going and meet up with the others.''

''What have you been doing all this time?'' Ask Masamune yet again to get more information. Mirage stopped at the entrance, not looking at Masamune.

''We have been searching for a new place to call home, but we never found one until some days ago. We are now moving some surviving stuff to there, but you still need to meet us at the burned down village that Samantha now the way to.'' Mirage jump out of the railing and disappeared. Masamune just let her go, but he also thinking of what she said. Samantha's dad disappeared at her birth. 

''Masamune.'' Shigezane arrived and didn't see Mirage anywhere.

''I got some information. I will go and write them down so I can show the others.'' Shigezane nodded and let him pass by. Mirage jump from tree to tree. She kind of wondering what would happen if she told Masamune the hole story about Lord Tatsuya, but her loyalty to Lady Tatsuo stopped her from telling any further.

''I hope they can help us, even though our clan has been hiding for so many years.'' Mumble Mirage to herself and continue running through the forest.