25) Reason

Samantha POV

Papa and the others have drink the medicin and is now fine. Jiao-Long says that they need to take it easy for some time, so in the mean time are they planning how to defeat the enemy before they can get me. But mama is for some reason very quite around me, she doesn't talk to me like she used to, and that worries my. I tried talk to her, but she won't talk to me at all. 

''Sammy, I am done with my research about your fangs.'' Says Jiao-Long and sit beside me. I give him my full attention. A normal power of our fangs are that they can bite through metal. But Jiao-Long's fangs gives a deadly poison.

''What can my fangs do?'' I ask eagerly. Jiao-Long chuckle and wait until I calm down.

''Your fangs are unique like mine, but instead of a deadly poison, can you heal inner wounds by bitting them. We can figure it out for sure when your new fangs grow out.'' I look happily at Jiao-Long and give him a hug. Now I can help in another way that my powers. 

''Um, Jiao-Long-san. I have been wondering about something.'' Ask Yuzuki and walk over to us.

''What is it?'' Ask Jiao-Long. Yuzuki take a deep breath, then continue.

''Why is it that the Khuzaimah clan went underground. I know one reason is to protect the truth about Himemiko-sama, but why wouldn't you attend the war in Shinga?'' Ask Yuzuki. That question took the others interest. Jiao-Long doesn't know how to answer her, but Drake-nii-san did. 

''We are all against war. Why make people kill and loose a lot of innocent people, when you can just talk and compromise.'' Start Drake-nii-san.

''Ever since Himemiko vanish did all clan went their separated way and forgot everything that they have accomplished together. We are a more mighty tripe together than separated. How foolish of you all to go against your own kind, just to be known in the history as the one clan that brought piece to this land.'' Finish mama a little angry and glared at everyone. 

''How can you be sure that is the reason?'' Ask Nobunaga and glared back, but held his calm.

''Because of the war. You all think you are intelligent, but you aren't. You are all a bunch of fools who can't admit they are at the same status as everybody else and started the war, just to have right in whatever idea you have for the country of Shinga.'' Complained mama back. Every time I asked about what is happening outside of the forest we live in, would mama say that there is stupid fight happen and that is why we won't stop them. Let them kill themselves before realising their problem. ''You are using your own people for your foolish act. Haven't you all lost hundreds of soldiers who probably had a family waiting for them after a fight, but will never return because they are dead. I can't believe that the humans haven't realized that you are just using them for your own good.''

''Lady Tatsuo, that is enough.'' Says Mirage and place a hand on mama. Mama take a deep breath and walk out, mumbling that she will need some fresh air. 

''Sorry for her. The subject is a hard thing for her because of her kind heart. She cherish life more than anything, and it is more serious because of Lord Tatsuya sacrifice.'' Inform Doryo and try to apologize for mama. 

''I guess their love was really strong, right?'' Says Hideyoshi. All of us Khuzaimah nodded.

''Their love story is really lovely. I always beg mama to tell me about something they did together every night.'' I say happily. I missed those night, but do remember most of the stories.

''How did they even meet?'' Ask Hanbee curious. 

''Well, it happen around 30 years ago. At that time was our village very peace full, but there was always some argumentation from time to time, between the two love birds. At that time didn't they not like each other, but heated each other when they see each other.'' Starts Drake-nii-san. 

''Really? They hated each other?'' Ask Katsuie. Drake-nii-san nodded and look at Doryo. He took the message and continue the story. 

''There was one night that change everything. Lady Tatsuo took a night walk and walk all the way to this temple. That is were she saw the kind and unknown side of Lord Tatsuya. He was outside the temple, playing that song you guys heard. The song gave a warm feeling to Lady Tatsuo, that she asked why he never played it in front of others. He answered that he was scared that he would look weak in front of us, but Lady Tatsuo gave him courage to play, cause it is not a bad thing to have a hobby.'' I take out my flute and look at it.

''After that, had Lord Tatsuya respect for Lady Tatsuo and the other way around and they start being friendly to each other. They shared everything together and then feel in love. Five years after, proposed Lord Tatsuya right in front of the temple, cause that is were everything change between the two and they got married right away.'' Finish Jiao-Long. 

''And then there was the trouble of getting a child to start a family, and the rest of the story do you know already.'' Added Mirage a little bored. Wait, maybe that is why mama doesn't wanna talk to me. Maybe she think that I am mad about what happen to daddy.

''Please excuse me. I gonna talk to mama.'' I excuse myself. I run outside of the temple and see mama sitting on a stone not to far away from the temple, with the dragons sitting by her. ''Mama.''

''Huh, Samantha. What are you doing here?'' Ask mama and only look at me for a second. 

''I don't blame you for what daddy did. I am sad I am the reason he is gone, but I know now that he is inside of me all the time. So I know he will watch over me. I forgive you for not telling me, you were only protecting me until I could bear the truth. So please be the same mama that I miss and love so much.'' I wrap my arms around her waist and have my head between her boobs. I hear mama giggle and wrap her arms around me, hugging me back. 

''Sorry I made you worried.'' Says mama.

''Let's go back inside. Maybe the enemy is still around.'' I say calmly and take mama's hand. I guide her back inside the temple, where the atmosphere is pretty calm with some chit chat here and there. The same night did I sleep with mama this time, cause we now are in good term... I think that is what they say in this situation or else have I misunderstood something. I am still a child, so I don't know everything.