30) The past

3rd POV

''It's done.'' Mumble Doryo and dry his hand for the white powder. Everyone look at the huge ritual circle (Pic above).

''Be careful of where you step while you place the eight relics.'' Instructed Tatsuo. Nobuharu place the sword at the top of the star. Kojuro place the necklace to the left of it. Then Hanbee place the bracelet. Kagemochi put down the book. Sasuke put the dagger in a circle and Katsuie place the spear down. All there is left is the empress crown, which Yuzuki is the one to place it in the other big circle at the corner. Tatsuo is place down the Hula Lula flute at the other smaller circle. 

''What are we gonna do then?'' Ask Katsuie, still confused of everything.

''We all stand inside the circle, it doesn't matter where just in it, then chant the ritual and then we have one hole day to find what we are looking for, before getting transported back.'' Inform Tatsuo. Everyone step inside of the circle, all except for Jiao-Long.

''I will stay here and keep an eye on Samantha. We can't bring her back if she is infected or in bad shape.'' Says Jiao-Long and walk over to the pit of gold and the dead body. Tatsuo nodded at him, then take a deep breath and start chanting.

''The historical past, let's get there fast. Help us seek, what we need. Bring us there, cause we prepared. Gegga Era.'' Chant Tatsuo. The circle light up and create a wall around them. The sight of the temple vanish and change into a much dusty temple. The same temple. It's not clean and there isn't much gold or script roles on the shelves. 

''It actually worked.'' Says Toshiie amazed and surprised, while he step off the circle along with the others.

''Just remember that they can see and hurt us, so be careful. We leave the circle with the treasures here, so it's ready to get us back.'' Says Tatsuo and walk right away towards the entrance.

''Then where can we find Himemiko-sama and the first Gegga Tribe?'' Ask Shingen to Tatsuo. She thought for a second, but remember something.

''We travel back to that time right before the Yakuma came and before Himemiko's disappearing.'' Answered Tatsuo and step outside. ''They will be near this temple to do the ritual, to continue the Gegga Tribe and send Himemiko-sama's blood to a future descendants, to Yuzuki. They would arrive here soon, so we split up and find them. Himemiko-sama would listens to us if we tell them the truth. So find them, get their attention and we meet at the temple.''

''I go to the castle and look.'' Says Doryo and run right away. The capital and the castle is far away, so it understandable that he would check it himself.

''We will go to our soon to be village.'' Says Drake as he and Mirage run together in the direction of their future home.

''Some of us should stay at the temple, if someone suddenly appear and see the ritual circle.'' Pointed Mitsunari out wise. Tatsuo agreed to it. Masatoyo, Nobuyuki and Hanbee stayed at the temple with Yuzuki. The remaining split up in groups of three or five and took off in different direction. Tatsuo want to go alone, but Shingen tag along with her to get the opportunity to talk to her.

''What will you do, if there isn't a way to get Sammy back?'' Ask Shingen carefully, cause he still know it is a sensitive subject. 

''I won't give up on her... but if there isn't a way, then will I give Sam a real Khuzaimah burial, which is decorating her with flowers, send her in a small boat into the pond near our village with small lantern following her, then lit up our own arrow with our own flames and shot at the boat. The dragons will fly around the boat and make the smoke and sparks fly directly into the night sky, so that the dead will be among the stars.'' Explain Tatsuo sad, but a little dreamy of the tradition of a burial. 

''Even if that sounds beautiful, can't we easily let go of Sammy. She has made a place in everyone's heart. Even Nobunaga got a spot for her in his heart.'' Says Shingen, which make Tatsuo smile a little. 

''She got that from her father. And you remind me so much of him. The only difference is, that he wasn't a werewolf, his hair and eyes were in different color and that he was musician.'' Proclaim Tatsuo with a small smile.

''Yeah, I heard that from Sammy herself. When she ask out of the blue that I did that with you, did it make me start thinking that I may look like her actual father. It was surprising subject and something I would never do to a women I never meet, but I am kind of glad I took the role as her father, just so she had someone to fill his place.'' Says Shingen and smile himself.

''Jiao-Long wanted to be the father figure, but Samantha always called him uncle instead. Poor him.'' Admit Tatsuo and giggle.

''Do you love Jiao-Long?'' Ask Shingen. Tatsuo shake her head and pull out a necklace.

''This is the proof that I was married and are in love with someone else. It's Tatsuya's own scale, marked with his own symbol, a music node.'' Explain Tatsuo and take it on. ''I thought I may loose it while fighting, so I took it off.''

''You really loved him.'' Tatsuo smile lovely and nodded.

''And that is why I won't let go of Samantha that easily. It broke my heart to send her away, but I knew it was for her own protection. Tatsuya wanted a kid so badly, so I want Sam to live for him.'' Shingen nodded and understand her fully. He also want Samantha to have a normal life. ''Tatsuya even named her Samantha, because it means the Gods heard our prayer. They blessed us with a child after so many attempts.''

''Then let's find the first Gegga members and get her back.'' Says Shingen. Tatsuo smiled at that and start searching again.

*Time skip*

Everyone meet up back at the temple and see that the first Gegga Tribe members arrived before them.

''So you four told them everything?'' Ask Yukimura to his brother. He nodded and look at the first members. They all look more royal and ancient, but they are also over hundreds of years back in history. They all look like the supreme commander, but at the same time different, like either shorter or longer hair, different color cloths or something like that. Tatsuya on the other hand, looks the same, except he wears a traditionel long green kimono. Himemiko stepped up, in her big royal kimono and empress crown, the one they used to get here.

''These four told us that you are from the future and are desperately needed for our help.'' Says Himemiko with a voice that is quite similar to Yuzuki's. Tatsuo step up and bowed respectfully at her.

''I know we aren't allowed to say this, but in the future are me and Tatsuya married and have a child, but that child died at birth, so he sacrifice his soul to give her live, but now she is dead because an enemy fought they could bring back the souls there was captured in her necklace, but when she heard she couldn't did she destroyed the necklace, killing the lifeline for the child. So we returned back here to ask if one of you know the soul ritual and if it is possible to recapture the souls in another jewel?'' Explain Tatsuo out of breath, but she has to be fast as time is against her.

''I completely understand you need to tell the future, and I wanna help, but I don't think it is possible.'' Says Himemiko honest, which break Tatsuo's heart completely.