16) Homesick

Samantha POV

I have been with the Date army for two days and I was found by those bounty hunter, Black Eclipse. I also got to see Mirage-nee-san, which I am happy for, but now I am really homesick. I wanna go home and see mama and the others.

''Sammy, they are here.'' Shigezane open door where I just took a nap. After the attack yesterday, has Masamune sendet a message to the Oda army about what happen and that he request full protection when they travel from here to their castle. 

''I am awake.'' I mumble and rub my tired eyes. Shigezane chuckle and lift me up, cause I am to tired to walk on my own. Shigezane walk down the hall to the entrance where three of Oda is waiting.

''I still can't believe you let the Black Eclipse attack you.'' Says Katsuie with a smirk.

''Katsuie-san, please be kind. They where took by surprise and couldn't predicted it the attack.'' Defended Ranmaru. Shigezane set me down and I walk closer to the white haired vampire. 

''Thanks for defending us, Ranmaru and for coming here to protect Samantha.'' Says Masamune and hand over a piece of paper to Nagahide. ''For Nobunaga.''

''Understood.'' Nagahide takes the paper and put it in his pocket.

''Now, let's go to Oda castle. Sammy, you will ride with me.'' Says Ranmaru happily and lift me up to his horse. I didn't smile or cheer at all, which make Ranmaru curious. ''What's the matter?''

''Ah, she just woke up from her nap, so she probably still tired.'' Informed Shigezane and scratch his cheek. Ranmaru nodded and jump on the horse behind me. Chilla came running with my doll in his mouth and jump up to me waiting arms. I couldn't go anywhere without Chilla by my side.

''Let's go.'' Says Katsuie and start riding. I tiredly waved bye to the Date army and hold on to saddle, leaning into Ranmaru's chest. I could feel the three Oda general has their guard up really high, ready to strike if anything comes out. I take a look at my papa doll and thought of mama.

''When can I go home?'' I ask tiredly and rub my eye again.

''In three days actually. We all meet at the Oda castle with our bags packed and ready to travel. So be patient a little more.'' Answered Ranmaru kindly. I nodded and close my eyes, still feeling tired. I feel Ranmaru swing an arm around my stomach to keep me in place. While taking another nap, did I think of my clan that is waiting for me at home. 

''We are here.'' I open my eyes and look at Nagahide. I then look at where we are. We are already at the castle. Man, sleeping really make time go faster. We get inside and lead the horses to the stall.

''Who gonna take care of me this time?'' I ask while Katsuie lift me down.

''You have to be near either one of us, but Nobunaga-sama want you to sleep in the room beside his. And what that room speciel, is that there is only one way in and out, and that through Nobunaga-sama's room.'' Explain Nagahide to me.

''Then I am secured for the remaining time. Yay.'' I cheered, cause now these last three days would be calming and free from any more attack from the Black Eclipse.

''We may not know if we are getting attack, so don't conclude so fast.'' Warned Ranmaru and take my hand. ''I will look out for her first.''

''What are we gonna do then?'' I ask at Ranmaru, getting a little excited. Ranmaru didn't answer, but just pull me somewhere. 

''We are gonna play some games.'' Informed Ranmaru to me.

''What kind of games?'' I ask. All afternoon did we play different games and right before dinner are we now playing tag. And Ranmaru is it. I ran down a long hallway with Ranmaru right behind me. I make sure I don't hit any of the guards while running, but I did bump into one. Nobunaga.

''Nobunaga-sama. Sorry, we were just playing tag.'' Apologies Ranmaru and take my hand. I feel bad if he gets in trouble.

''I am also sorry. I didn't see where I was running, so sorry, Nobunaga.'' I said and bowed.

''Just be careful next time.'' Warn Nobunaga and walk away. When he was gone did my mouth speak on its own.

''He looks scary.'' I whispered to Ranmaru, he both flinch and try to hold his laugh before looking at me.

''Nobunaga-sama is a fine man who thinks before acting. He is very kind if you get to know him... But yeah, some people think he is very scary.'' Commended Ranmaru which make me giggle.

''If you don't wanna see something scary, then don't piss my mama.'' I warned just to be funny, but it true. Never make her angry. NEVER... I miss mama. My face turn gloomy, sad.

''What's the matter Sammy?'' Ask Ranmaru and kneel in front of me.

''I just miss mama and the others. I am really excited to see them again, but the waiting is killing me.'' I whined. Ranmaru smile a little and give me a hug.

''We will soon go in a few days, so be patient a little longer.'' I nodded and smile again. When dinner was served, was it a delicious miso soup. And after dinner, showed Mitsuhide me Nobunaga's room, where I will sleep.

''I have brought Samantha, Nobunaga-sama.'' Says Mitsuhide and open the slide door. Nobunaga is sitting on his chair by the table, which is filled with many dokuments and maps.

''Good, you are dismissed for the day.'' Mitsuhide bowed and left us two alone. ''Samantha, come here.'' Says Nobunaga. I do as he said and walk to his side.

''Just call me Sammy or Sam.'' I said with a smile. Nobunaga lift me up and place me on his lap.

''Your name is Samantha, so I call you Samantha. Got it?'' Says Nobunaga and then look at the map in front of him. ''Do you remember where your clan lived?''

''Not exactly, but I remember the way I took before I meet papa... Where does papa live on this map?'' Nobunaga pointed at the map where papa and the others live, and I know that I was found near by. ''I remember passing those stones, then over that swamp... and that's the river that my mama placed me on when we evacuated.'' I explain.

''In another word, just go north.'' Pointed Nobunaga out as he paint a straight line on the map.

''Yes. Mama told me to go south until I meet someone from the Gegga Tribe. So we could go the opposite way.'' I cheered, feeling happy that we are getting closer to find a way home. ''Oh, wait. My compass. Mama said it was my papa's compass.''

''Shingen's compass?'' I shake my head and take out my doll from my pocket.

''This is my real papa. Mama said that he used it to find way around dangerous place, so maybe it showed me the safest and fastes way here. If it did, then maybe it can show us the fastes and safest way back.'' It's weird I haven't thought of that before.

''Understood. That's all I want from. Now go and go to bed.'' Says Nobunaga and place me down. I look at the next room and see two futon on the floor. It's probably where we gonna sleep. I look at the Oda lord and smile.

''Okay. Goodnight, Nobunaga.''