24) Fireflies

Samantha POV

''Samantha Khuzaimah, what are you doing here when you should have stayed at the temple?'' Scold my mama while Chilla let me land on my feet carefully.

''You didn't say I should have stayed in the temple. And I won't sit by and watch my papa and friends in pain. I wanna help and my powers are healing, so I should learn stuff like this.'' I argued back. I normally don't argue with my mom, but I need to grow and this is how I am going to grow. To be more confident and wanna help anyone that is in pain. That is my goal.

''Just... Just stay close to us and don't touch the fireflies, okay?'' Order mama. I nodded and take Yukimura's hand. Together do we walk the remaining way to the firefly area. The sight is beautiful. So many fireflies are flying around a field fill with tiger lilies. 

''Remember to be careful to not get to close to the fireflies. They can literally burn you.'' Says Drake-nii-san.

''So how do we get the honey then?'' Ask Saizou and look at mama.

''There is a hive right in the middle of the field.'' Inform my mama and point to the middle of the field, where there is a lot of fireflies flying around. 

''Then how are we gonna get the honey without getting burned?'' Ask Kenshin. Mama thought for a second, but doesn't answer him at all. 

''Maybe we could take some tiger lilies and get their attention. Then one of us can go in and get the honey in a jar.'' Suggested Mirage-nee-san. 

''Then let's go. Samantha, stay put right here.'' Says mama. I sit down on the ground, sighing sadly. The others then split up to gather tiger lilies. I just watch from them, but at the same time wondering if I can help. I won't sit here and watch.

3rd POV

While getting the lilies, comes the fireflies towards them. Making an opening to the hive. Yukimura walk over to Tatsuo to get a jar, so that he can get the honey.

''I gonna go and get the honey.'' Yukimura walk closer towards the hive, but unfortunate doesn't the fireflies want him to go near it. They fireflies that flies around the hive, gather together and block Yukimura from getting the honey. ''Uhm, I can't get to the honey.''

''Then get away before they-'' Warn Tatsuo.

''Ow.'' But it was to late. Some of the fireflies has attacked Yukimura and burn him a little. Yukimura retreated and the fireflies didn't follow him, but stayed by the hive.

''Now what?'' Ask Ranmaru and lay down the tiger lilies so he, or the others won't get burned. 

''We should probably find a way to scare them or get their attention away from us and the honey.'' Suggested Masatoyo. Together do they talk about a way to get the fireflies away, not notice that Samantha isn't sitting where she is supposed to be, but instead are walking towards the hive.

''I can do it.'' Mumble Samantha and take a deep breath. She call out her scales and walk so close that the fireflies try to burn her, but she doesn't get burned at all. Arriving in the middle and by the hive, can Samantha see the honey. ''Excuse me. Can I please get some of your honey.'' Samantha know she has a calming aura that animals like, so maybe she can get the honey if she ask nicely. ''You see, my friends are in pain and need your honey to get better. I promised it we would only need a jar filled with it, so you won't lose to much honey, so can I please get some?'' The fireflies move aside and let Samantha get to the honey. She smile and take a spare jar, then fill it up with honey by scooping the glass jar through the honey to collect it. She close the jar, then bowed to the fireflies and get back to her mama and friends. 

''Okay, lets get to work.'' Says Tatsuo and turn around. 

''Lets go home mama, I already got it.'' Says Samantha and show the jar filled with firefly honey.

''How did you get the honey?'' Ask Drake shocked. Samantha shrugged and answered very simple.

''I just asked.'' The other sighed in defeat of that answer. 

''You are just like your father.'' Mumble Tatsuo and pat Samantha's head. She just giggle and smile brightly. She could help her friends. 

*Time skip*

Back at the temple, start Jiao-Long making the medicin right away. When they told the others how they got the honey, are they just confused as to why Samantha could get the honey just by asking. It sounds way to crazy, but by knowing all the other animal related stuff that happen around Samantha, does it make sense in some way. 

''I hope Jiao-Long can make the medicin fast.'' Complain Samantha as she sit on Masanobu's lap. 

''We just have to wait and see.'' Says Masanobu calmly, but he is worried for his leader and comrades. 

''But... This sticky stuff he lubricated me in is really uncomfortable.'' Complain Yukimura and try not to touch the cream that is covering the burn marks he got from the fireflies. 

''Normally fireflies doesn't burn you, it just their name based by the light they make at night.'' Says Yuzuki and put on some more of cream on Yukimura's burn. 

''Haven't Sam told you that this place is enchanted?'' Ask Drake confused and look at the said girl. 

''Yes, but we never thought it was this enchanted.'' Says Hanbee. The Khuzaimha shake their heads and sighed.

''Let's just say that the names of animals says what they can do when they are enchanted.'' Says Doryo with a small smile. 

''We are missing one thing. Doryo run and get that plant you know as mint tasty.'' Says Jiao-Long.

''Oh, those. Okay, be back in a sec.'' Says Doryo and run in a blink of an eye, then he return only one second after. ''Here you go.''

''So there is mint in this world.'' Mumble Yuzuki, but a little to loud.

''This world? What do you mean?'' Ask Mirage harshly and glared at Yuzuki. Yuzuki stumble on her words, trying to get out of the situation.

''Yuzuki is from another world. Can't you smell it by her sense?'' Says Samantha out of the blue.

''Now that you say it, can I smell a different sense from her.'' Says Drake and walk closer to Yuzuki, only to sniff to her.

''Isn't it just because of her blood?'' Ask Kanetsugu.

''Blood with smell metallic, and for her is it a little sweeter, but the sense we can smell is more thicker than the air in here.'' Answer Drake honestly.

''Thicker?'' Wondered Mitsunari. 

''Uhm, in my world is the world more modern, as we call it. The buildings are much different from here. Sky towers, technology and many more stuff you don't find here.'' Explain Yuzuki. 

''Is that why the air is thicker in your world?'' Ask Kageie.

''I think so. We have something called cars, bus and trains. A form of transportation and they send out a lot of CO2 into the air.'' Inform Yuzuki. Samantha look at her with big eyes. 

''I wanna see that.'' Dreamed Samantha and start thinking what her world could be like.

''If I knew how to get back to my world and return here, then I would take you all to visit my world, but I don't have any idea how I even got here.'' Says Yuzuki sadly. Samantha nodded sadly and look at her friends in pain. She need to take one step at a time, so first should her friends get better before taking the next step.