II. White walls pt.1

Kim Taehyung pov

"Honey, come inside, don't catch a cold" I heard my mom's voice from the kitchen, Being the good kid, I ran back inside to be greeted by the aroma of bulgogi. "Hmmmmm" I watched and heard myself sigh. I walked up to the kitchen and tugged on my mom's skirt, "Eomma, When will taetae get bulgogi?", she looked at me with that angelic smile of hers and bent down to pick me up. 

Flash.

I can't see anything, I recognize a blur of shadows, I can hear my mother screaming, Looking around, I see my father being restrained by two men in black suits, a gun was pointed at my father's head, my mother was on her knees with two more men hovering above her and they went closer to her.....

Flash.

Bang bang. Two clear noises hung in the thick air of our farm house. I watched my 7 year old self turn around to see a puddle of blood in which....

Gasping and panting, I woke up covered in cold sweat. The same dream which haunted me for the past 11 years of my life isn't letting go of me. I sigh and turn around to see the clock placed by the side of my bed, It read 09.30 AM. I threw my white covers on my white bed, its a great thing that I got 6 hours of sleep, the pills seem to be working well.

I got out of the shower, wearing my white t-shirt and white shorts, hair tousled, I stare at my reflection. There is a sudden knock at my door, "Come in". Nurse Jennie walks in," Taehyung, good morning" she greeted me with that same smile with which she greeted me 3 years back. I smiled at her, my lips curled up but my eyes never shone like hers, "Good morning Jennie". Yes, I've grown so familiar to her, she treats me like her own brother. Jennie has been taking care of me for the past 3 years and she's only an year older than me, When I called her noona, she told me that it made her feel old and asked me to refer to her by her name.

Son, that was what I was, beloved Kim Taehyung, the sweetest child with a cheeky boxy smile that would melt rocks but alas, fate had a different idea for me. Thrown out of my circle, I was projected  into this asylum, 11 years back. 

After Jennie was done with my regular check up, I waled towards the cafeteria to eat, only so that I could take my pills to control myself. As I ate, another nurse walked in and called out a kid's name, the said kid got up and followed her, becoming curious, I followed the duo. They walked up to the entrance of the hospital where two adults stood, the kid gasped, ran towards them and crashed into their arms. That's when it hit me, these were the kid's parents..........

🚨Trigger warning 🚨

Slowly, I backed away, turned on my heel and rushed into my room. I couldn't control the hot stream of tears which made their way down my cheeks, I couldn't control the desperate wail that left my chapped lips, I couldn't control my body which stumbled and fell forwards, I couldn't do anything. As I lay there curled up like a crumpled piece of tissue, I hear a voice, "You don't deserve anything", "Nobody loves you", "Just die, you are a burden to this planet".

Soon, these voices turned into thousands of voices, chanting the same thing, over and over again. I got up, and opened the door, before walking out, I caught a glimpse of my reflection, "Pathetic, look at you, you're ugly" the voices said and I agreed. My feet automatically took the stairs to the fourth level, I walked up to the window which one of the kids broke, it was not grilled, It was just closed up with a flimsy piece of cardboard, "What a bad mistake" the voices said, yet again, I agreed. 

"Tear it down" the voices said, and I did, "stand on the windowsill" it said and I did, "Now jump, you don't deserve to live, remember that" it said, I did not hesitate, the sooner I jump, the lesser chances of survival, I looked up at the azure sky, "I'm sorry Jennie, Eomma and appa, I'm coming".

🚨Trigger warning end 🚨

"Taehyung! No!" I heard Jennie's scream pierce through the air. I closed my eyes, spread my arms out wide and began my decent. 

crack.

I heard my bones crunch as it came in contact with the earth, I heard kids like me scream, I felt no pain, I felt a warm liquid trickle down my forehead and then I felt nothing

____________________________________________________________  

How was it?