XVI. Familiar yet vague

Jeon Jungkook pov

I couldn't contain my surprised expression as I felt my lips tug upwards and Taehyung looked at me with a shocked expression. He looked at me with wide eyes and parted lips, the exact same expression which I wore. 

He looked cute, the last rays of the sun made his face gleam as his eyes glossed over. He turned away from me as I tried to reach out and grab him, he got and up wand walked away. I picked up that cat, it didn't resist my approach this time. I guess that he/she knew that this wasn't the time to play games.

I followed Taehyung, he was randomly walking and taking turns, unaware of me trailing him. Stopping near an old ass stone bench, he sat down and buried his face into his hands, his fingernails dug into scalp. I watched from a distance as he shook his head side to side, he shuddered

It wasn't very cold, he shouldn't be shuddering in this weather. His head suddenly snapped up as he started into the space in front him, fear evident in his eyes as he pulled his knees up to his chest and trembled. Tears flowing down his angelic face as he bit his bottom lip and a look of pure terror washed over his face.

Kim Taehyung pov

I felt something override my brain, an unknown feeling. I heard a breathy sound escape my lips as they parted, I-I-I, no, it couldn't be true. I-I was a bit happy....

'You don't deserve this' a voice said. I shook it off and concentrated on Jungkook but a part me agreed with it.

That word made my insides churn but at the same time, watching Jungkook and that cat made me feel something. I don't know if I am happy or if I just find the sight cute, I don't know if I'm smiling because I don't remember the last time I smiled. 

Maybe it was when my mom made bulgogi for me. Pushing that thought away I turned to look at Jungkook smiling at me. He looked soft, the sunlight making him glow as his lips curved upwards. He paused for second and the his eyes widened and his lips parted.

I guess that I'm wearing a similar expression, Now he's sitting this close to me, I can make out a few peculiar features, His lips were a bit thin on top but the bottom ones were thicker and he had a small scar on his cheek, I wonder what caused it, maybe I should ask him-

He'll laugh at your face, The voice rang inside my head again, gaining my attention. 

My lips parted to reply but it didn't let me, the voice was all to familiar. 

Do you actually think that he's here spending his precious time with you because he cares? No you pig, he's here because it's his job.

Those words hurt me more than I'd like to admit, my vision blurred, I couldn't look at his soft face and I turned away. 

He smiled at the small kitten, not at you.

I got up walked away, I wanted to get away from Jungkook as soon as possible. It won't long until he appears and I don't want Jungkook seeing me in that condition. 

You really thought that you could hide yourself from him?  That is impossible Taehyung because I am you and you are me, we are one. 

My pulse rate quickened as the voice got stronger, I turned into random pathways. That moment when I felt happy, I wished to hide my true self from Jungkook, when I saw him smile at me, I wanted to be around him fro a longer period. 

I guess that I'll never get what I want as usual. Fate hates me, It won't let me stop breathing and neither will it stop throwing stones at my broken heart.

Broken heart? You don't have a heart. You're a coward. A monster, Another voice spoke. 

My body froze over and I sat down on the a stone bench nearby. This is bad, the dose in the morning should keep him away, why is he here? How is this happening?