A Small Mistake Worth Remembering

Khun's P.O.V.

“Well, hello to you too, Mr. Khun– AcK! Hey, let go!”

As he thrashes around, I manage to drag the fish down the hallway. Hatz makes his way out his room and pauses for a minute before slowly making his way towards the opposite hall. “You know, it's amazing how stupid I can be,” I comment directly to the other. Just as he was able to make a remark. Bam calls out from behind. “Khun! Aguero!”

“What is it, Bam?”

“There was one more thing we needed to ask you about. You see, we found this cave far out in the area and we were thinking if you'd like to come along with us.”

I stare them down for a bit before yanking Aguero to his feet and tossing him down the nearby railing while Bam tried recalling where it was. “Sure! I could use some time out of the office.”

Bam smiles and pulls out his Pocket. I notice Viole blankly glancing at the spot Aguero had been and decided to silently walk down the stairs in the background. It seems Bam did not know what had just occurred. “We could bring along more people with us. The trip will probably be about half an hour or so? I should get the others right away!” His tail flips as he spins around and dashes off. The corner of my lips tug up a bit watching him run off so eagerly.

“Aguero? Do you feel alright?”

I flinched hearing the voice. Looking down the steps, I make my way down and meet up with the two. Aguero has his arm resting on Viole's shoulder as he reassures him that he was fine. “Maybe I could repay you? Tell me what you want and I'll do it~” he chuckles.

Rak seems to be trying to make tea as Lauroe sleeps face first on the table. I shift my gaze to the chair next to him and pull it off the floor. I step ominously towards the pair and raise it. “Aguero,” I say, “this isn't the time to be flirting!” Dropping down the chair, I catch the sound of Bam's voice from upstairs. “Wangnan? I didn't know you were coming over today.”

PLACK!

“Oh my FUCKING GOD YOU KILLED HIM!!”

I look down and release the wooden chair. “..Oh… Well shit.”

“What the HELL?!” yells Wangnan.

“HEY!! Who murdered Black Turtle #2!?”

Bam leans over the rails and jumps off without hesitation. Landing directly on his feet, he asks, “How did this happen?”

—Time Skip—

I lay my forehead on my folded hands, too disappointed in myself to look at what I've done. Wangnan had arrived with company and settled into their rooms before marking this one as their next stop. How did they get there so fast? My thoughts come to a stop when a slight click of the door sounds. I look up and see that the Sweet & Sour Team has come to visit the Bam that they had first met.

“Woah you did a number on him,” says Wangnan.

“Viole should be okay, right? He's strong and can definitely manage,” cheers Miseng.

Goseng sits at the other side of the bed and moves his hair around for the wound. “It doesn't seem like anything too serious. It was just hard enough for him to fall unconscious. Though, it might bruised for few days, there shouldn't be any other problems.”

Refusing to make any necessary eye contact, I nod. Across the room, I just know, a pair of eyes are burning into my scalp. I'm gonna get a lot of hate for this it seems. Unfortunately, Bam and Aguero aren't here because of some “business” they said. I wonder what that could be. I hope to God it's not what I think. Wangnan pokes the unconscious Viole on the bed and messes with the additional ears. His body shudders a bit before his eyes fly open.