Can't Hide

Bam's P.O.V.

I jump off the wall, colliding with the beast that stood in front of me. This cave shook and crumbled with every hit I threw. I was almost sure that it would collapse. It lets out a violent cry as it waved its claw into the air. My injuries weren't that severe, but I had to admit, it was really bothersome. A low grunt escaped my throat as my body was thrown back into the stone wall.

Summoning at least 5 Bangs, I focus my Shinsu on every individual. My foot kicks up, boosting me from the ground and landing me on the armor of this animal. I bite back my bottom lip and allow the thorn to make an appearance. As an attempt to throw me off, it forcefully rams itself into the walls. My grip was steady as it held onto the crevices of the shell. Finally, after charging the Bangs, I blast through the shell and break through its rough skin.

I didn't intentionally want to kill it so I let it lay unconscious. My throat starts to feel itchy until the tinge of saltiness filled my mouth. I swallow back the blood and pick up the abandoned cloak I took off in the beginning and wrap it around me to cover the burning scratches that had yet to heal.

After about ten minutes of walking and turning, I come across a strange crystal wall. It pulses a greenish yellow and glimmers with excitement. The energy around it felt strange but it didn't seem to be harmful in anyway. The attraction I felt towards this wall of gem, it was abnormal. I need to know what this is. Stretching out my arm, I place the palm of my hand on it and waiting for a few seconds.

The cave illuminates with a blue shimmer and I held my stare for so long. Small little orbs hung on each spike of the cave, creating a fascinating visual. Their glow was dim but since there was so much, it was very profound. Are these what these so-called “stars” are supposed to look like? I reluctantly peel my eyes away and rest on a nearby rock which seemed to be polished by the erosion. I never really had the time appreciate the surroundings here. The sound of trickling water drops down bit by bit. The crystal's faint humming nearby soothes the tensioned nerves throughout my limbs. This feeling made me want to stay here forever.

Suddenly, a burst of pain spreads throughout my stomach and stops momentarily until a throb in my head rings out. “Hiss.. What just happened?” I look around but there wasn't anyone in the area. “Maybe I should get back and meet up with the others.”

A small glimmer catches the corner of my eye. I spot a small pile of transparent crystals laying in the corner of the cave. Having the same attraction, I picked them up gently and place them in my pocket. They were only four round marbles but I'm sure a creature like that wouldn't protect something that was useless.

Silently, I tread back through the large cavern and pass the dormant beast. With my sleeve, I wipe the corner of my mouth to avoid the look of being in a fight. “Stand straight and don't look to suspicious,” I repeated to myself.

Once I had made it back, Khun sat on the ground grasping his stomach while Aguero rubbed his own head. “Are you two alright?” I asked.

They both look up at me and frowned.

“My fucking back burns like hell. Don't even get me started with this massive headache!”

Soon enough, Viole comes through with the other two, lightly brushing his fingers at his throat. He glances up at me and looks at the two Khuns, tilting his head. “Is Wangnan not here?”

I shake my head and scratch the back of my neck. Now that I think about it, my head does kind of hurt. Wangnan enters the main area after 30 minutes, looking quite rejuvenated. “Dude there was an amazing hot spring! If only you had come it'd be awesome!”