A Pleasant Surprise

Khun's P.O.V.

It is currently 3 o'clock in the morning. The Sweet & Sour Team and I will have to talk about what information I've gathered tomorrow night and I feel myself rubbing my eyes in irritation - is what I thought. Tears start swelling up in my eyes and it really feels like there's some cut up onions around here. I swipe off the droplets with a tissue and continue working on the small amulet.

I made sure not to get cut by the small saw when carving the small glimmering stones. These accessories were carefully worked on as well as the small metals that the chains were made up of. I held onto the final chain and sealed it tightly with a pair of pliers. I hooked the crescent shaped transparent stone onto the silver chaining and raised it towards the moonlight that was almost finished falling from the sky.

The three shapes consist of a ruby sun, a rhombus sapphire earring, and finally the moon made of quartz. Beside the fact that these were fairly small, these stones were almost impossible to find and costed a pretty penny. Why did I ever leave them lying around in a ragged box? The desk required a lot of tidying up after my work had been finished.

After the clean up, I let out a satisfied yawn and placed my head on my arm, falling asleep for a long while.

The smell of roasted chicken filled up the air. It had a hint of saltiness and juiciness. It smelled so good that it could probably make someone who was starving completely full. Or maybe that was just an exaggeration. I scratched my head and sat up from my chair, shoving the items in my pocket.

I opened the door and the smell was boosted by a hundred. Following the scent, I found myself at a dining table that was covered end to end with all sorts of food. What made it even more shocking was that the space was about the size of three cafeteria tables.

Bam and Viole were talking in the distance. I watch them as they agree and disagree on something with head nods and shakes. Bam places his fingers on his chin and the other motions his hand at the food and withdraws it quickly, beginning to count his fingers. Holding up five, he heads towards the kitchen and drags Aguero out. He was the first to notice me and first to annoyingly nag me about something I didn't pay attention to.

Viole comes up and asks, "What are you doing up so early, Mr. Khun?"

"Early? What time is it?"

Holding up five fingers once again, he points at the clock in the corner. Bam exits the kitchen with a few more dishes of everything and sets them on the empty spaces of the table. I was honestly surprised that there was still room.

"And what are you all doing here?"

Viole just shakes his head and stumbles back onto a chair. Bam settles down afterwards and hides a small, but noticeable, yawn. Taking another look at the food on table and their exhaustion, it seems they've stayed up all night cooking. But just for breakfast?

I pout a bit until I heard a thunder of footsteps tumble down the stairs. Everyone immediately fill up the seats row by row. They seem to have purposely left the middle seat to me which didn't feel quite right. Aguero sits to the right of me and the other two at the left.

Sitting down, I could feel everyone waiting for something or someone to do something. I glance at everyone who were aggressively staring at me. "What the hell is going on?"

Aguero begins to become impatient and shoves a piece of chicken in my mouth. I wanted to argue with him but everyone's cheers interrupted my words. The sound of clattering silverware, laughing, and shouting in a boisterous manner filled the lunchroom. On the other hand, I was at a complete loss.

I knew there wasn't any use in trying to make them tell me, so we all ate as much as our hearts content. Every bite was different every time and I could tell that tons of hard work was put into these dishes. Bam and Viole were forced to go to sleep after Aguero had strongly urged them to. A catnap would be a better name. Who wouldn't need a break after making such cookings as if they were serving a royal family?

Because everyone ate so much there was no need for lunch. Leftovers still remained just in case, and I doubt that they would remain later. While they cleaned up, I searched for the "master chefs" and found them both lazily lying on separate beds. The corners of my lips tugs up ever so slightly as I walk over to the both of them. Taking out the two gifts, I take a good look.

The necklaces were carefully places around their necks. It would be bad if they woke up now. Luckily, they remained asleep as I left the room with a warmed heart. "What's making you so happy, wolf?"

I would have made fun of him too but I wasn't really in that mood. I laugh. "You dropped this." Tossing the leftover crystal, I walk back my room and decide that I should take a long nap. I took a pen from my draw and began to write in a small notebook.

"How could I forget my own birth date?" I wrote first.

▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪

Okay, I know that Khun's birthday passed last month but I still wanted to do something small in honor. Happy birthday, Khun!!

P.s. Happy New Years (Eve)!

[12|31|18]