Just Another Thought

Viole's P.O.V.

When I had woke up, the light of morning was burning in my eye. I used my tail to sweep off the blanket and then sat myself up to stretch. Wangnan had told us that the characteristics would disappear after “something” happened. He wasn't specific with what that something was and I don't think he wants to talk about it either.

Just then, Bam squirms in the blankets and gets up with a bird's nest for hair. He holds up his arms and stretched until all his bones cracked. I cringe just a bit at the sound but shook it off. That's when I noticed something bump into my chest. This amulet seemed to be made of a stone. It was transparent and freshly cut.

“Viole, do you have one too?” says Bam, who held up his six pointed sun.

“Yes.” I responded, looking closely. It seems it was trimmed with a metal that held it in place.

Several knocks are heard at the door with a familiar voice. “Hey, Viole, we're coming in!” Wangnan and Aguero march in with a tiny smile on their faces.

Aguero begins first, “We want to thank you for the feast from this morning. I don't want to tell you what we're working on but be sure that you get your gift!”

“Viole, maybe we could hang out later tonight. The O.G. Khun wants the Sweet & Sour Team to meet up with him soon, so I want you to have a fantastic day!” Wangnan apologizes and dashes off.

Sitting in a chair in front of the room, Aguero jerks his head to the side when he spots the accessories. I was about to explain that we didn't know its origins until I saw a faint glimmer hanging from his ear.

“You too?”

“Hm? Oh, this thing?” he says poking at the single earring. “Khun told me that I had dropped this but it wasn't mine. So, I decided to keep it.”

“I see.” Aguero chuckles and scratches his ear. Maybe he was just trying to scratch his head but ended up going for the ears instead. It makes me wonder again, why we can't get rid of these so easily. Wangnan, what was your reasoning behind this. It doesn't feel like a prank to me.

Bam gets off and stretches and opens the window, allowing the afternoon chills enter the room. We all unconsciously close our eyes at the breeze and take in deep breaths. I open my eyes and see that Bam is in a position where he was jumping out the window. “I think I might be out for a bit. I'll probably be back in an hour or two? It's only half an hour away,” he says leaping out without approval.

“What a weird kid,” comments Aguero. I look at him with an upset expression. “Oh crap, I'm sorry. Well, it's not like I'm lying though. You're pretty mysterious when it comes to personal problems. Sighing, I stand up and adjust the bothersome tail into one of the legs of my pants.

The shimmer of Aguero's earring grabs my attention yet again. It's obvious that Khun made it. I smile just a little. “How nice of him.”

“Nice of who? You know, you look way better when you smile, Bam. It makes me happy… I guess,” he turns 90° away from me, cheeks tinted with a light blush. I laugh and he darkens. “Hey, don't laugh you little twerp!”

“Who's laughing? I'm not laughing,” he says between chuckles. I hear a light growl emit from him. I lightly place my hand on my face to hide the smirk. I'm glad to have such a friend. Unconsciously, I reach out and pull onto the back of his neck. “Khun, I can't thank you enough for accepting someone like me,” I say placing his forehead to mine.

He looks up from his seat and stares. “Bam, what do you think will happen after we're gone? I can't seem to process the thought of us dying again but never returning. Sounds pretty brutal,” says the one who had experienced disappearing. I narrow my eyes and pull away.

We ended the conversation with the question that would seem to never be answered by any being. Accept those who are controlling the story.

▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪

I can't find a lot of motivation for this to go on so chapters might come later and be a bit shorter! Im so sorry!

[01|16|18]