Preparations

Aguero's P.O.V.

Wangnan and his team were helping with the snacks down at the pool area. I thought about asking Bam or Viole to help but they seem to be healing up for the night. A shame that I wouldn't be able to lurk and see their hard-at-work expressions when they assist.

A hand taps on my shoulder, pulling me away from my thoughts. Shibisu waves and asks me to help hang up the crystals on the ceiling using the lighthouses. I wave my hand and three neon blue cubes hover in mid air. “Just hurry up and don't fall in the pool again.” He snorts but doesn't say anything and tries riding the lighthouse as if it were a horse.

I walk over to tables and set up the tableware, suddenly getting depressed with a ache in my chest. Squinting my eyes a bit, I look up towards the second floor spotting what I expected to see. Khun rushed over back to his office carrying a small box and tools.

This pain was nothing new. I had actually felt it earlier but brushed it aside. My counterpart can't learn to except what he really needs. Sighing, I turn away and looked up at Shibisu who was struggling to stand as Endorsi used Bong Bong to casually fly around.

“Ah, if only I had a fly smacker.”

I heard laughing from behind me, startling me half to death. Wangnan slaps my back and wipes his tears. “Dude, come check this out!” I rolled my eyes and follow the idiot.

What we saw was utterly unbelievable. With a fork, I poked at the chicken that collapsed into utter ash. Ehwa had attempted to warm the food and used her fire, destroying all the food we had prepared for tomorrow's breakfast. I bent the fork in half and maintained a pleasant smile on my face.

“Since this is the case, Ehwa, you are banned from the kitchen. I'll probably go ask Hatz and Anaak or Endorsi to prepare another batch but it won't be as good as the ones we prepped,” I sigh. “There's no good cooks around here to get this ready in time.”

Miseng tilts her head and says something I had absolutely forgot about. “Viole knows how to cook fantastic food. His meals is very yummy!”

“Ah crap! I forgot he was able to cook! Ugh! But he's still in the process of getting better, how can I ever ask such a favor?”

Once again, Wangnan slaps me on the back but a bit less rough. “Well, you're a pretty good cook too! I can try as well if you teach me the basics. Don't worry, I won't burn down the kitchen,” he says eyeing Ehwa on purpose.

—30 Minutes Later—

“I don't think I could ever trust your words.”

The walls were splashed with jet black ash marks making it look like it was originally black and the gray was an addition instead. I kick Wangnan out of the kitchen and snapped on some gloves, beginning to start the cleaning. After rolling up my sleeves and pants I tied the bandana around my forehead, I started off with the walls. Replacing the water required a lot of running back and forth and the sink needed to be unclogged because of the trash they shoved down into it.

Bam had suddenly entered when I was carrying the bucket of blackened water. I tripped over my foot and closed my eyes, expecting the impact of the marble floor. Five seconds, seven seconds, ten seconds. I opened my eyes and was being straightened up by Bam. Viole held the bucket filled with black water and really stared hard at it for some reason. In my mind I could see the droplets as its tears.

Viole then moved his attention towards me and said, “We heard that you could use some help in the kitchen. Everyone came over to our doors and really wanted us to prepare food, right?”

I didn't get a chance to answer when Bam smiled brightly and headed straight to the fridge taking ingredients out one by one. “Rest assured, we will definitely make the food is best to our ability. You need to take a break, after all of your hard work.”

Before I knew it, I was sitting at the small window, speechlessly watching them take a great understanding in each other and what they were doing. So much multitasking had been going on and I grew anxious from the thought of them injuring themselves. Fortunately, they were astonishing. They vegetables were swiftly cut, meat was mixed and seasoned, and everything smelled — oh so good.

Everyone sat behind me, also observing with overflowing drool as well. They had been cooking for at least two hours at most. None of the two took a break and instead, looked very determined to keep working on the food. Even after I asked if they needed help, they always told me to get some rest. Damn, I was so eager to tell them the same thing but I didn't think that'd feel right.

“Woah what happened to him?”

“Is he crying?”

“Ah! Aguero you too!?”

I wipe the burning tears in my eyes. One of them must be cutting onions right now. I meant that literally though. Everyone around me probably thought they were tears of a proud buddy. I haven't really told them about our symptoms yet but it's not the time right now.

Khun you're gonna be pissed when you find out about this.

▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪

If you didn't know, there is a new story going to be published around Christmas! Finding Dysphoria will have the spotlight set on Khun for the story and I won't be switching any POVs meaning it will just be in 3rd person!

[12|21|18]