Prologue

Whenever someone reads a book, they tend to focus on the "Happy Ending" found within the last page of the literary piece. They get satisfied whenever the book ended in a way they like and believe that what comes after is also a happy continuation of the unknown.

However, recently, I think that what matters most is what happened after the "The End".

Guess who's currently curled up in a dark corner of the school hallway, crying her eyes out?

Obviously, I am.

On the last page of my book, the vampire I love confessed his undying affection for me and then afterwards, he proposed to me. I accepted it, in the condition that I manage to pursue my dreams beforehand.

We lived a few months of our relationship in pure bliss. We were a legitimate couple. It was a happy continuation.

Not until things started to fall apart. Just like how vampires get tired of eternity, Laito also got tired of me. Of course, he wouldn't tell me. He would still act sweet and disgusting but I can see it in his eyes that the life it had while he was with me was starting to fade.

Our love wasn't as eternal as we thought it was. It was slowly dying. Actually, I was the only one with her love intact because I knew too well that Laito's love was dead. I was just too afraid to admit it. One event just slapped me into accepting this fact.

"I wasn't planning to carry it but our new nurse is hot. How can I say 'no' to that?" I told Reiji as he accompanied me to the clinic while we carry heavy boxes filled with antiseptic and pain suppressants. 

"Yes, yes." Reiji muttered tiredly, finding it obviously obnoxious to hear me say 'hot nurse' for the nth time.

"Aye, don't fret. You'd be a hot nurse yourself if you wear those skimpy white uniform female nurses we—" I stopped on my tracks as I saw two figures intimately close to each other, sucking their faces off in a distance.

And d*mn, I know that f*cking fedora hat and red hair too well.

...

The violet-haired male beside me noticed my silence and let his gaze follow mine. His eyes widened an inch. He's probably finding the scene to be obscene and uncanny of his brother.

"What in the world of f*ck is this!?" I finally shouted once I was sure that my voice is stable enough.

I ignored the dread and pain in my chest as his head slowly twisted away from the girl and to mine.

"... You..." Laito's eyes widened in realization

I glared daggers at the dazed girl nestled in his arms. "Hey you, junior. Get out of here if you want to get out this school alive." The girl knew that I wasn't kidding by the time I put the box I was carrying on top of Reiji's and rolled up my sleeves.

She sauntered away, giving Laito a lingering glance as if to tell him that there would be a part two. Or maybe three. F*ck, I don't know. 

Reiji gave a tired sigh before deciding to take the boxes to the clinic, leaving Laito and I alone.

I silently stared at Laito who showed an expression resembling a deer in headlights. We were both silently staring at each other like we were playing some awkward staring contest. I was the first to break the silence.

"If you wanted to break up then you could have told me so." I calmly said, keeping my anger in check as I folded my arms on my chest. I closed my eyes, painfully adding, "Why do you always want to hurt me more than you should?"

"... I'm sorry." Laito softly said, looking away from me. "I just realized that... Maybe, we aren't really for each other?"

I. F*cking. Knew. It.

I ran a hand across my face, attempting to wipe off the frustration and pain that was slowly showing on my expression. "When..?"

"... When?"

Okay. No more calm sh*t. That approach is not for me.

"When did you exactly feel that f*cking way!?" I shouted. "F*cking h*ll... Y-you, you b*tch! We've only been together for six months and you're already tired of me! So when did that happen!? Last week? A month ago? Or maybe... Three months ago!? ... Then that means that I was a plaything for three months!"

"Holy sh*t, why was I so stupid? Why did I let you trick me into your misleading words!?" I scratched my hair furiously, ignoring the approaching redhead at this point.

"Hey, you're not a play—"

"Shut up! Keep it! Keep your sweet words of f*ckery. I'm so done with your sh*t." I throw my hands up. "I give up."

"You want to break up? Let's f*cking do it!" I said, removing the ring nestled on my left hand and throwing it on his chest. 

"Thanks." Anguish, hatred, sarcasm, and disappointment laced this word as it left my mouth.

With nothing else to say, I turned around and walked away.

I didn't let him speak because I knew too damn well that it would just pain me to hear from the voice I love say the words I hate.

And that led me here in this situation; crying in a dark corner of the hallway. I didn't even bother going back to my classroom when the bell already rang.

"My head hurts from crying." I told particularly no one, blowing on my handkerchief.

I squinted, trying to process what just happened to me. I was tasked to carry some meds to the clinic by our new hot nurse. Then, I met Reiji on the way and asked him to help me. I was telling Reiji about the hot nurse when I saw Laito and some girl eating each other's faces. I got angry. Laito and I broke up.

...

Just a typical Monday evening of my life. Am I right!?

"I want cake... F*ck it, I'm cutting classes." I stood up, dusted my skirt off and started to march off my crying spot.

Whenever someone reads a book, they tend to focus on the "Happy Ending" found within the last page of the literary piece. They get satisfied whenever the book ended in a way they like and believe that what comes after is also a happy continuation of the unknown.

However, recently, I think that what matters most is what happened after the "The End".

And mine sucks.