Drunched In Crumbs Pt. 3

It's not that being gay is a bad thing; it's that it's an uncommon thing. Who the hell wants to see two men fucking let alone locking lips? Females, that's another thing. That's something I'd pay big bucks for. "He told you he slept with guys?"

"He told me he went through guys, so yes, he slept with them," I say, "sleeps."

"As in still does,"

"Yes." I'm with Alby while Abashed Attempt is at their dire meeting. It's Thursday sometime this week.

"I don't think he realizes he told me," I say. "He was tweaking and drunk."

"Maybe he does," Alby shrugs.

"That's not helping Albert."

Truth be told, I got zilch sleep last night and I've been up thinking about Josh and his tendencies. It's not uncommon. The 70s brought the gay community literally out of the closets and into the streets. They're everywhere now, apparently. "I told you so," Alby suddenly says; like he has the nerve.

"You told me nothing."

"No, didn't I tell you that befriending Ryan's bandmates was going to be a bad idea? Look at you! You're shaken to the bone!" Over exaggerating much? "Jesus Christ, it's like every band's got a faggot member now." I'm trying my hardest not to sigh the actual fuck out of my lungs. Albert Hammond fucking Jr is stuck in the early 70s and he was only six years old.

"You know, it's about time you head home, right?"

"What?" He looks as if another kid had stolen his swing on the playground. "But I thought-"

"Yeah well, you're being an asshole right now," and the cocaine left in my pocket is still burning a deep dark hole. What's all the fuss?

"Tyler, c'mon you know I didn't mean anything by what I said. You're not even gay," Alby drinks the rest of his coke; coke and cocaine, a lovely meal. "Let's finish this game and then we can meet the guys for dinner, sound good? I'm for sure gonna beat your ass at this, killer hard." I don't think he's realized what he's said but I'm not gonna point it out. "Ah shit,"

"Hey lovebirds,"

"Dammit Sylvia, you're absolutely right. Me and Ty here were just about to go in and fuck, wanna join?" Is everything in gay context now? Or is this just karma.

"Actually, Ryan and the Abashed Attempt got out early and they're here so Ryan's bringing over his dad's grill."

"Oh yes! Barbeque this joint up! Ryan Adams you fucking genius." Alby sprints out of his seat to tackle Ryan as the band gets out of the Buick. Oh shit. "Josh! Hey, Tyler wants to talk to you, he's over there." Fucking shit, dammit Albert. Alby comes running back to me before Josh gets the chance. "Call it fate, or call it karma. Right?"

"Hey that's a good song title," Julian sits in my seat just as I get up. "Somebody cough up a pen!"

"You wanted me?" Josh pops up out of fucking nowhere. No, I don't want you, not in any way, shape, or form. Thank you so much.

"I've still got your coke," and I find an excuse somehow even though I wanted nothing from him.

"Oh sweet, let's ditch this then," and he's looking at me with a look I have no clue how to decipher.

"Nah, I don't do drugs," and that's a fat ass lie because just last summer I smoked grass with a group of strangers; along with Alby.

"Uh," Alby appears. "That's a no because grass isn't a drug." It totally is; marijuana is a drug. "It isn't Tyler," okay great, thanks buddy. Alby walks away after giving his input, poking at the briskets Ryan had brought over.

"So you've only ever smoked pot?" Josh asks.

"I guess, yeah,"

"Then you haven't lived, c'mon man," I want to say no. I really, really do. But something in me wants to know more about Josh, get to know the man.

"Alright," Josh raises his brows. "Yeah, alright let's go."

***

If the question arose, would you snort coke with Josh Dun? Drummer of Abashed Attempt? If it were asked to me, I'd say no, but right now, it's a yes. "Fuck," I roll my head back, closing my eyes. My mouth is open and I feel it coursing its way to my brain and it's wild, it's so wicked. "Josh..." He's still here, he's here and he's breathing and, "Tyler..." Why does he suddenly look so beautiful? Holy fuck, what? "Josh?"

"Tyler?"

I don't know what to say to him. He's a beautiful man and I'm just not realizing it. "Josh," I'm strung out and confused but I feel so good and, "come here." No, Tyler, please. "Please," Josh is scooting himself towards me and the closer he gets the more I can feel his warmth. What are you doing? What am I doing? "Josh..." My voice is merely a whisper. "Please." I'm saying it over and over again and yet, I don't want it but I do.

I'm not gay.

I'm not a fucking fag.

"Josh-"

"I'm here," and suddenly he's so close and suddenly, so suddenly, "I'm here." Has he gotten bigger? Did I belittle myself enough to make him seem more powerful? Dominant? No. But he's older than me. By a year, Tyler, he's not that old. You're taller than him, he's an elf compared to you. But right now, he's towering over me and I've got to submit. Right? Is this what they do? Usually the man is more dominant than the woman but there's a man here and another. What do I do?

Josh's hand comes to rest at the side of my head and he's leaning in. Holy fuck, what do I do? I want to push him away, that's what I really want to do but my body is so slack and the coke was laced with something I'm sure of it. He's leaning in, so, so close.

Then suddenly lights are being shown and in between the two houses me and Josh are sat, a car is parked directly in front of us and just as the headlights are turned off, I'm pushing Josh off of me and running. How am I running? God, my legs feel like noodles I'm sure of it. My blood is hot, scorching and my head is pounding.

Oh God, I almost kissed Josh. Josh almost kissed me.

I almost kissed another guy. A person of the same sex- "Tyler, you alright man?" It's just Ryan. Just Ryan, my best friend. If he knew.

"I'm alright," no I'm not alright but, alright. "I'm alright."