Part-22

"Anklet!! Jhum jhum, a pair"- The gift came out! Khushi unwrapped the shiny red paper covering the plywooden box.

"Why did he gave me a pair of Anklet?"- Khushi wondered.

"What was inside the gift??"- payal asked, curious.

"Payal!"- Khushi smiled. May be he wanted her to wear it and make sound so that he can know her whereabout in the house.

Or may be he thought that his Chudail have to wear anklet to make terrific sound.

"Payal!! How can Arnavji gift me when I am your jiji standing infront of you Khushi??"-Payal asked removing her dupatta. It was tiredsome afternoon.

"Yeh!"- Khushi show her new anklet.

"It seems old, may be ancient. So sweet of Arnavji to gift you such an antique pair"- Payal praised the anklet.

"Ancient?? Is it of some Chandramukhi or Manjulika?? Or some Naagavali or Bhagmathie!! Hey Devi maiyya raksha karna!!"- Khushi dropeed the idea to wear them.

     It was midnight.
"Koi door se aawaz de, chale aao"- someone sang!! A clinging sound of anklet followed making loud noise.

"Sundari!! Thank you for wearing my anklet. Did you know I visited the yogini tantra Kamaksha temple just to make you mine. My own Personal and private Chudail!! You are mine now!!"- The man singing turned his face towards her!!

But the darkness didn't help. His body, posture seems familiar.

"Suniye!! Nehi!!"- Khushi screamed!! And then sat panting! What a horror dream. She was in cold floor, befallen from bed.

Was the man in her dream Arnavji??

"No no, I will never wear the anklet"- She concluded. It was Arnavji in her dream.

Next day…
    Chains and chains of fairy light hanged to enhance the glory of Gomti Sadan. The Orange marigold and white lilies with red roses added to its glory.

Colourful balloons here and there. Even butterflies will be confused what to suck and where to sit.

Laddoos and burfi, Ice cream and namkeen! Its a Gupta engagement after all.. not one but two together.

A group of children to enjoy...eat and dance. Its their Khushi didi's engagement today.

       Nani, Mama, mami, Anjali Di, Nanheji entered through the main entrance.

"Where is the nice saitaan??"- Khushi was in the window taking peek.

"Nice saitaan!! Hmmm…drastic change"- she chided herself.

Babuji greeted and invited their soon to be relatives. Anjali ji was looking extra beautiful.

One minute!Where is Arnavji?? Can't he come running??

Amma and Buaji went towards the entrance. Ooh…he will enter after aarti!! Good good…

Finally, clad in a white shirt and black overcoat, the laad governor came to her vision. With the red sindoor as tikka and white akshat with flower on head, he was looking like a scape goat, right before cut.

Shayam jeeju and Aakashji with him.

Khushi laughed at such thought but what can she do more then laughing?? Slip onto him inside his garland and wrap it around her and his arms, taking in his warmness. Yes she must do that. Its winter and Buaji will not like her sweater over the blue and red lehenga she is wearing.

"Khushi!!"- Payal called," Where are you lost?"

"Here in myself"-Khushi Compiled.

She have to go near him for exchanging the ring. Its a call for them.

Amma came and took Payaliya holding her shoulder.

Buaji dragged her holding her shoulder, why the hell women and girls have to drag the bride during engagement and marriage. She have legs and she can walk upto her fiance.

Khushi stopped at the top of stair, Armavji's back is towards her. She have to do something, something different.

"Arnavji…"- She shouted.

Guests closed their ears by making their index finger as earplug.

Arnav Singh Raizada turned, his breath hitched. Angelic!! Heavenly.

Buaji dropped her hand from Khushi's shoulder. This Parmeswari will never change!

Naak katwayegi ek din Nandkishore!

NK covered his face with his both palm, as if to save his nose from cutting down.

Why Khushi stopped there??

He climbed the stairs skipping one and taking two altogether.

afraid! What if his trick fails! What if she denies to marry a sakkar ka mariz when she have a sweet shop.