Part-33

Khushi sat in the courtyard of Gomti Sadan dressed in an yellow saree, a flower maangtika on her hair partition, flower ear rings, a long chain of flowers and a small necklace, hand ornaments.

Payal was decked in white and yellow.

"She izz so beautiful, Let me click a selfie with the brides!"- Mami take her I-phone, photo plus flaunting free.

"Manorama!!"- Nani controlled her.

"Hello Hi Bye Bye, very sharp brainwa even in old agewa!"- Mami complained.

"Hum aap ke saas jo thehre!"- Nani laughed.

Khushi looked at Payal blushing.

The Raizadas are in their house after completing Haldi ceremony of the grooms.

Her jiji is being coloured in yellow! Feet, knee, elbow, shoulder and cheeks.

The mango leaves and coconut with kalash in between with yellowed rice was placed a little away. A rangoli made for welcoming the groom side.

"Khushi bitiya, old saasuma stopped me, click a photo and send me. I will upload in my account"- Mami played Smart!

"Mami, your green saari will be spoiled!"- Khushi warned.

"Arnav Bitwa will buy  more for me, but just a photo. Pretty yes!"- Mami persued.

"Mami, we shouldn't break a tradition. Naniji has denied meeting of Bride and groom!"- Khushi knew, it was plan of that Laad Governor. He want the photos at any cost. And then he will laugh at her cartoon like face.

"I will help you!"- Nk took the phone and clicked. No sooner it was send to a certain Raizada who can't attend Haldi ceremony.

The turn of Khushi come. Amma dipped the grass in turmeric paste and touched her.

The grass thrilled her, its softness send shivers down her body.

Then Buaji, then Mamiji, Nani, Anjali Di and finally Nanheji who took the bowl and emptied on her.

"Khushiji, We were afraid so used little on Nannav, you are using his share also!"- His excuse was best.

Khushi imagined the laad governer in yellow form uttering what the and damn it! Her face was a sight to admire.

"Mami, photo!"- Anjali remind again.

Mami show her thumbs down. Mission helping Arnav Bitwa failed terribly eyeing her old mother in law with hawk eyes.

"Tomorrow, you will be a bride Khushiji, My Chhotey's bride! I am so happy!"- Anjali di said after she took a bath, it was no less then war to enter bathroom. Then brushing and scrubbing her skin took half an hour.

"Why are the Raizadas here?? They should have left!"- Khushi wondered.
Her skin looked yellow, a glow was added. Is it because the laad governor's colour is given to her!! Her shivering body as if his eager finger were running on her skin, burning her.

"This is for you. Chhotey had sent it!"- Di gave her a red valvety box.  An antique desing of two bangles were inside.

"Very beautiful!"-She thanked.

"Wear them on your wedding! They are my mother's"- Di asked emotionally.

And this is for you, Payal was given two golden anklet, a gift from Aakash.

"Haldi ended well. Brides are booked. We will meet tomorrow for another hello hi,finally good bye!"-Mami walked away like a penguine, sad at her flop plans at sending a photo of Khushi to Arnav Bitwa.

"Ji, namaste!"- Buaji said.

There is a huge mess in the house. They have to clear it before wedding. Gomti sadan is being poured with guests from all over relatives. Kanpur, Varanasi, Delhi, Bareilly, Prayag, Gwalior,Agra( They are Khushi's relative for sure Wink wink)  and few distance relatives are yet to arrive. Only Lucknow people will come directly to the wedding.

"I will keep the bangles and return soon"-Khushi left for her room to keep it with her wedding lehenga and other jewellery.

"Sorry Khushi didi!"- She heard, and then thud. She was lying on floor, oils flowing around her.

"Koi baat nehi!"- She managed to act sweet.

She locked her room door and double checked it. Close the curtain and unlock her bag. The wedding lehenga was there folded nicely. She touched its fold and then placed the box of bangles in the bag.

"Arre O khushi!! Jaldi eehan aao!"- Buaji was calling her. As if  shor sharaba isn't enough for their house!

"Marr gaye! Buaji will eat me alive!"- She muttered.

Haila!! She need to change. Her pink salwar has patches of oil here and there.

She took a purple dress and run to washroom.

Five minutes in the washroom and she comeout changing.

Her room was still, silent as if it was a part of sea, just before arrival of storm.