Fourteen

I jumped in the back with Lara while the boys packed the last of the bags in. We decided well I decided to go on this trip today because schools dumb and because spring break is next week.
Exams are after but It's alright we can study on this trip. I'm just glad I got into Florida state uni. Ive waited so long for that letter and to be honest I was beginning to think I didn't get in.

I threw my hair into a high ponytail and turned the music up. Me and Lara started singing along to it while we waited for the boys to hurry up.

"Ready?" Ryan asked getting in the passenger and Max started the engine up.

Me and Lara nodded while we danced. This is going to be a great week.

I rubbed my eyes as I woke from feeling the road suddenly get bumpy. We must be here. I glanced in the rear view mirror at Max who was laughing at something Ryan said.

Lara was still crashed. Maxs' eyes turned to mine and he smiled at me. I smiled back and looked away. I don't even remember falling asleep, It's such a straight ride here that you don't even realise where you are.

When we parked I got out and stretched. The smell of nature filled my nose and green surrounded my sight. This place has always been my favourite get away spot.

It's in the middle of no where. The lake is right there beside the cabin and the area is well lit at night so if Jasons out there then you'll see him from a mile away.

Ryan grabbed Lara out and carried her to their room while I helped Max with our bags.

"This place is nice," Max said looking around our room. I grabbed a tank top from my bag and walked to the bathroom.

"I know, you should see the place at night time," I smiled changing my shirt and letting my hair down.

Max walked in and wrapped his arms around my waist. He placed kisses slowly on my neck. I chuckled and turned my body around so I was facing him. My arms snaked around his neck. I pressed my lips to his but quickly pulled back.

"Shit I don't think I brought condoms," I groaned rushing to my bag. Max just laughed and grabbed me.

"It's alright we'll just go up to the shop later," he smirked pulling me back on the bed with him. I chuckled as I fell underneath him. His arms wrapped around my head and we laid here just holding each other. I couldn't help but to laugh.

"You're so heavy I can't even push you off me," I groaned wrapping my arms around his waist.

"You don't need to push me off you," He chuckled. I smiled while I buried my face into his chest and wrapped my legs around him.

"I love this..." I dragged out. I really do love this, not to be cheesy but it just feels great.

"I- love you," My whole body tensed. He pulled away so I shot up. Lara was standing in the doorway with her jaw dropped to the floor.

My eyesight was getting blurry. I feel like an idiot but I can't help it.

I stood up and walked out. I need some air. I heard Max get up but Lara told him to wait. I- fuck.

M a x P O V

"Hey wait wait wait," Lara struggled to pull me back and stop me from running after Maia.

"Did I say something wrong?" I asked starting to panic. That's the first time I've ever been rejected and actually feel worried.

"No just give her some time, I'll go talk to her, Ryan wanted me to tell you he needs help with the rope swing, she'll be fine by tonight I promise," Lara ruffed my hair before turning and running off.

'I love you' fuck you're so dumb Max. Really? I lov- fuck sakes.

I threw my shirt off and chucked it on the bed before walking out to Ryan who climbed a tree and was trying to do the rope.

"Finally, shit what took so long?" Ryan asked. I let out a heavy sigh and climbed to where Ryan was.

"What was that sigh for?" Ryan asked throwing me part of the rope to tie onto another branch.

"Have you told Lara you loved her yet?" I asked. Ryan raised his eyebrows and stopped what he was doing.

"Yea heaps of times, I was planning on asking her to be my girlfriend on this trip actually, why do you ask?" Ryan said. I chuckled and ran a hand through my messy hair.

"I might have told Maia I loved her and she might have ran off," I said scratching the back of my neck.

"Yea... Maias had a hard time with the word love, she doesn't take it well when It's said to her, I mean our Mom, Dad and her ex," Ryan explained.

"I figured that, should I- fuck what should I do," I groaned rubbing my face out of frustration. I honestly don't know what to do. Ive never had to do this, like actually try for a girl and right now all I wanna do is talk to Maia and tell her how much I really do love her.

"Man you really like the girl don't you," Ryan said slouching his shoulders. I laughed and turned away seeing Maia and Lara walking back to the cabin.

"You have no idea," I whispered watching Maia.

"Can I talk to you," she called out.

Lara climbed up the tree as I got down. Lara whispered something but I wasn't paying attention to anything but Maia. I followed Maia inside and we went to our room.

"Max."

-

Sorry. SORRY I HAD TOO. Nah I'll probs end up updating tomorrow but don't get your hopes up. I hate cliff hangers myself so I'm not even going to think about leaving it for that long.

Anyways.

Vote
Comment

🕊