Nineteen

Btw I'm sorry but this chapter jumps between POV just because I wanted to get all aspects.

_

M a x   P O V

"What the fuck do you mean who am I? I'm your brother!" Ryan said getting panicky again. Lara grabbed Ryans hand and held it tightly. Do I even want to know if she remembers me...

"She has memory loss, once again we don't know what triggered it, It's like a bomb went off in her brain, whether It's temporary, we don't know," The doctor explained. I stepped back and put my hands in my pocket. I'm gonna punch a wall otherwise.

"Ryan can I have a few words with you please," The doctor said. Ryan gave one more look at Maia before he shook his head and turned away to go with the doctor.

Maias eyes met mine but instead of the smile I usually get, she gave me a frown.

Lara looked at me sympathetically. Before I cried in front of them, I excused myself and walked out of the room.

****

M a i a   P O V

I rubbed my head, sat up and moved over before patting the spot beside me for Lara. Lara jumped up and we stared at the wall together.

"What happened?" I asked. Lara let out a big sigh and grabbed my hand.

"I have no idea Maia, do you really not remember Ryan a-and Max?" Lara said with tears falling down her face. She looks like she's trying to be strong. Why is she trying to be strong.

"Ryans that guy who ran to my side?" I asked her. She nodded and pierced her lips together.

"And Max was the guy stood over there," I pointed to the spot at the end of the bed.

"Yes..." Lara breathed out. I nodded and watched as I think, Max walked in.

"How're you feeling?" He asked walking to my side. He was really attractive, not gonna lie. I'm sad I don't know who he is. Maybe I should shoot my shot and hope for the best.

No that's weird. He might have a girlfriend.

"Uhm like you're hot," I didn't mean to say that. Shit.

"I didn't— uhm these pills are getting to me or something," I awkwardly chuckled looking at Lara who laughed. I turned my head back to Max who smiled as a tear rolled down his cheek.

"Did I miss something?" I questioned looking between the two. Wait...

"Are you dating him?" I asked before I try going any further.

"No but you are," Max said. His eyes were cold and red.

"Pardon?" I said.

"Earlier today, me, you, Lara and Ryan who is your brother were driving back from camping and you suddenly collapsed in my arms, we drove here and found out you lost your memory, might be permanent, might not be, but before that happened me and you were a thing, you know I like you and you like me," Max explained. So he's basically telling me I was dating him before.

"You're lying, there's no way I dated you, you're way too attractive," I doubted looking into the red eyes that looked at me with sorrow. There was something in those eyes just attracted me even more.

If what he's saying is true then I don't know what to do.

"Oh but sweetheart you were," he smiled softly at me. I couldn't help but feel sorry for the guy. Did I really lose my memory?

****

M a x   P O V

"Oh but sweetheart you were," I said sending a soft smile to Maia. I never ever thought I'd be this hurt. Like I genuinely feel like I've just been stabbed.

I love Maia and I think I always will. Every time something goes right for me something else goes wrong.

I stepped out and the doctor called me over as well.

"I'm going to tell you two right now, there's nothing we can do as doctors to cure it, you three know her the best clearly so It's your job to do anything to bring her memory back, usually a week or two does it for temporary memory loss but longer than that I wouldn't promise anything," The doctor explained.

"Like what? Show photos or videos?" I questioned.

"Yes anything like that, talk to her about your favourite memories with her or Ryan talk to her about your guys childhood, the good parts of course, I'll call her in every week for a month to do a check up and keep you guys filled in, she also can't go to school because who knows what else could happen."

Me and Ryan glanced at each other before looking back at the doctor, "so we can take her home now?"

"Yep she's all clear to go, just don't pack her with information or force it because it'll make her uncomfortable, take it slow and live your normal lives," The doctor reassured as we were about to step into the room.

"Thanks doc," Ryan smiled and shook his hand. I done the same and the doctor left us alone to leave.

"Ready to go home?"

___

A ha ha... whoops YALL I'M SORRY HAHAH It's been four months and I have been slacking on wattpad. BUT I'm uploading now and can hopefully compete this story for you soon.

The next chapter will be a bit slow so bare with me as It's the trying to remember stage of Maia. I'll upload the next chapter in a bit hopefully just because I took so long to upload this one 😥

Okayyy lots of love xoxo