ch 2: croak croak

"welcome to kq museum"

"yes, i've scheduled a tour for us." the mid-aged lady said as she pointed to her class behind her.

lulu nodded and noticed a boy in purple hair slouching stubbornly against the wall; he seemed to be apart of the group because little girls kept surrounding him.

"oh are you the 11:30 group?" lulu asked, looking up once in a while to see the boy trying to shuffle his way out of the girls' hold.

"yes. that's us." she smiled, ignoring the loud chaos happening behind her.

kids were running, little girls were all surrounded by the older boy, the boys were wrestling each other and some were even crying for some unreasonable reason.

"oh okay," lulu stood up straight and walked towards the little kids. "alrighty kids!"

only some of the kids stopped to listen but the little girls were still drooling over the boy while the boys were still throwing eachother on the floor.

oh how i love kids. she thought.

lulu blew her whistle and everyone stopped to look at her. she smiled in satisfaction as the little girls also stopped to look at her.

"do you guys want to see the animals?" lulu asked cheerfully and the older boy stared at how awkwardly she was standing.

the children said yes and gathered up around lulu.

"everyone will have to follow me, single-filed or your all gonna get eaten by a ferocious beast," lulu playfully said but the teacher gave an unpleasant look to her so her smile faltered. "okay follow me."

lulu lead the class to 4 of the exhibits—the fossil exhibit, the exo exhibit, the ancient exhibit, the treasure exhibit. they were currently going to their last exhibit.

"now we're entering the rain forest exhibit, home to butterflies, bees, frogs, bugs, you name it," lulu looked up to see the boy looking back at her but she quickly looked away "but don't do anything to the animals! you don't want them to get extinct do ya?"

"what does extinct mean?" a young boy asks, and lulu crouched down to his level.

"oh, it just means that your own kind is gone from eternal life, i mean, we're morals anyways so we'll all get extinct, but not technically since other generations-" lulu earned a cough from the teacher who was giving her a look.

"not professional, now are you?" the teacher asked and lulu stood up straight.

"well, i get paid to do this so," lulu muttered under her breath and smiled brightly again. "everyone please refrain from touching these animals as they may give you some bacteria you don't wanna have."

"what's bacteria?" the same boy asked and lulu was about to say something before shutting her mouth.

"something that's- bacteria?"

the boy nodded and lulu proceeded to do what she was doing. she opened the door to the exhibit and all the little kids ran in different directions. the older boy stood by lulu's side. "not professional, now are you?" he mocked the teacher. lulu groaned in frustration and walked over to the little girls who were crouching.

"is there anything you guys want to know?" she asked, trying to sound a bit cheerful.

"i heard that if you kiss a frog, your prince will appear!" the younger girl said to the older girl.

lulu widened her eyes, remembering something from years ago.

nah, its probably deja vu.

"well yeah, but it's not re-" she paused, she could've ruined this girl's childhood and the last thing lulu wanted on her list was to get fired from this job "reeeeaddy to get kissed."

"why?"

"i don't know, nan molla"

"huh"

"just, just don't kiss it."

"but-but-" the girl was on the urge to cry.

o lawd.

-_--_--__--_

"lulu, for the fifth damn time. i told you not to make a child cry!" the manager yelled and lulu jumped in her seat at the sudden mood swing.

just a second ago, he was all smiling, now he had the face of a mad cat.

"i'm sorry sir."

"i don't need your apologies. i don't need you."

"but sir, you know i have a brother to take care of-"

the manager was getting out of control. "you always use the same excuse all the time. our business is getting bad reviews because of you!"

ouch. that hurt.

lulu hung her head down low and was waiting for the 2 words to slip out of his mouth.

"you're un-promoted."

"what?!" lulu asked confused. this wasn't what she was expecting.

"you're not a tour guide anymore, you're a janitor now. meaning you have to clean the museum right after the museum closes."

lulu's heart beat out of her chest. alone? midnight? a girl? what the hell.

"i'm too young to die, sir."

"young? i'm old and i'm waiting to die!"

lulu stayed quiet.

"we have no more janitors and i thought you'd fit this job perfectly," he paused as if he was in deep thought. "you're starting tonight."

-_-__-___--_

lulu dragged herself out of the museum and sat at a nearby bench.

"gosh darnit. that old croak wants to ruin everything for me, huh?"

*croak croak*

lulu looked to her side to see a frog sitting beside her.

"i- um-" she was at loss for words.

the frog croaked again and lulu picked it up. it was an unusual kind, this frog had purple poka dots.

she brought the frog closer to her face to examine it.

"ewww you're kissing a frog?!"

_-__-_-_--__

whats wrong with me