ch 10: dreams

lulu opened the door to the apartment and found jongho laying down on the couch, her first impression was that he seemed okay, until she came closer and realized he wasn't breathing.

she shook her younger brother out of fear and wooyoung rushed to her side.

"wooyoung, call 911! he's not responding to me." lulu yelled out in a shaky voice.

wooyoung immediately took out his phone and dialed 911 with shaking hands.

while wooyoung was talking with the operator on the phone, lulu tried to find a pulse but failed to do so.

"what did you do to make yourself like this?" she muttered, holding tightly onto his hands.

"don't overwork yourself please." she said in a soft voice and a tear escaped from her eye.

-_---_-_--___

the ambulance took jongho and lulu and wooyoung stayed by his side while the nurses did some work on him, checking his blood pressure and doing cpr.

lulu fiddled with her hands while watching her brother in this unconscious state, wooyoung noticed and held onto her hand tightly.

jongho was taken into the emergency room and lulu and wooyoung stayed out in the waiting room.

"but how and why did this happen?" she asked herself in a low voice.

wooyoung heard this and didn't hesitate to embrace her while rubbing her shoulder.

although they weren't used to this skinship, she needed the hug and so did he.

after a few hours of anxiety and quietness, the doctor finally came and lulu fixed her position, ready to hear what the doctor would say.

"it seems that your brother seemed to pass out because of sleep deprivation. he's okay now, except he'd have to stay in the hospital for a few more days so we can check up on him every now and then." the doctor checked a few things on her clipboard.

lulu nodded her head but realized one thing. "we're leaving in a few days to seoul.. does he have to stay for long?"

the doctor tilted her head. "it depends how well he's doing. how many more days?"

"three." lulu replied and she nodded.

"if he does good by tomorrow then we'll send him home, but he'll have to take some prescriptions before he leaves. you can come visit him right now, but visiting hours end in an hour." she informed kindly, smiling at the two.

lulu nodded and stood up, looking at wooyoung for approval. wooyoung nodded and they followed the doctor to jongho's room. she opened up the door for them and lulu walked slowly to her brother's side, making sure not to wake him up.

"what's your relationship to him, miss..?" the doc looked up at lulu with her pen on standby on the paper.

"my name is lulu, and i'm his older sister." she let out a small smile.

the doctor smiled back, "from the tests we took, his energy seemed really low. it looked like he hasn't been sleeping for weeks now."

lulu nodded and looked back at jongho. why would he do this to himself?

she held his hand delicately and made sure not to squeeze him, scared of hurting him.

wooyoung sat beside lulu and looked at jongho also. he was glad that he was breathing, his chest moving up and down was a good sight to see.

"i hope he's okay." she whispered to wooyoung and he nodded back at her.

--__--_---_---_

"visiting hours are over, i'm sorry but you'll have to leave for today. unless one person wants to stay with him for the night, that's totally fine." a nurse came in with new blankets and such.

lulu brightened at what she said and looked over to wooyoung. "i'll stay the night with jongho, is that okay?"

"of course it is, he's your brother." he said and ruffled lulu's hair.

wooyoung bid his goodbye and lulu also bid a goodbyes as he left the room door. she was pretty sad wooyoung left her. but knowing him, he'd be here tomorrow.

"we have some blankets and a pillow you could use to sleep on the couch." the nurse put the blankets on the couch and she thanked him.

lulu spread out the sheets and laid down on the couch. "please be okay." she whispered and took one last glance at her brother who was still asleep.

she closed her eyes and let dreams take over her.

--_--_--_----

well wasn't this such a depressing chapter